Which shooting insurance is better?

atyl1972

Afternoon all, without me delving forums and internet does anyone have any experience on the basis of which shooting insurance to go with as from what I gather the 2 main ones (basc) and (basa) have considerable different costings, is there a particular reason for this, and what benefits does each give?

You are not comparing like with like. From what little I can see, BASA is offering insurance only; BASC provides insurance as part of a wide ranging package provided as part of being a member.  Have a look at the BASC website to see what the association does and what it can do for you, far quicker than me typing out the benefits of one over the other.

18 minutes ago, stevo said:

Countryside Alliance ?

CPSA ?

NGO ?

all cheaper and more active than BASC 

Pull the other one - as far as I can find they have done tiddly squat apart from trying to drop the word pigeon from their name to distance themselves.

Edited by Yellow Bear

Guest stevo
4 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Pull the other one - as far as I can find they have done tiddly squat apart from trying to drop the word pigeon from their name to distance themselves.

It’s called sarcasm mate. Maybe you want to have a read up on BASC of late ...

As all my land owners and keepers are BASC I went with them for shotgun and air rifles. 

It saves the "basa, who the is that"? Conversation.  You say BASC and people know what you mean. Back when I shot a lot of paddocks and stables even the horsey set knew BASC.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone know the difference between 1st and 2nd hand? (forgot the proper terminology already)  imsurance?

Seemingly many of the other orgs the insurance is 2nd hand/party insurance, so if a disaster happens and u need it they will tell u to claim of ur own house ins, it's only if ur house ins fails to cover u they step in.

Has anyone heard of this before or knows a bit about insurance

On 4/8/2018 at 15:04, manthing said:

As all my land owners and keepers are BASC I went with them for shotgun and air rifles. 

It saves the "basa, who the  is that"? Conversation.  You say BASC and people know what you mean. Back when I shot a lot of paddocks and stables even the horsey set knew BASC.

Hope this helps.

http://www.airgunshooting.co.uk/basa-membership

On 07/04/2018 at 07:08, sportsbob said:

I came across this company as being highly recommend from some on this forum  http://www.ccc3.co.uk/home?exref=V949  

I was with these guys for a few years but the price was hiked a while ago, it went from around 20 to 30 quid seemingly overnight.

I'm now with sacs, dual membership with the Mrs for £70.

I figured for the extra fiver I may as well be with an organisation.