Got to be cheaper.

Guest cookoff013

Alan.

We theoretically can import shells from China / the moon. Why oh why would you prefer to use a unknown brand of cheap import vs a domestic produced product. Stuff here is expensive because wages and profit margins. Because stuff is cheap does not mean it's better. I rarely buy non British, but I have favoured Italian shells. 

If you could buy shells from say North korea, would you?

On 20 May 2018 at 11:15, dead eye alan said:

Im in Turkey at the moment and getting 6tl to the pound, thats 30% more than last year. So why arnt we inporting large quantitys of very cheap cartridges?

Interesting question, how much are cartridges there and can you get a truck load sent over?

One would assume lead prices are pretty global, as presumably would be powder wads and cases. There should be some aspect that could be done more cheaply there though.

Guest stevo
On 20/05/2018 at 11:15, dead eye alan said:

Im in Turkey at the moment and getting 6tl to the pound, thats 30% more than last year. So why arnt we inporting large quantitys of very cheap cartridges?

Go try a few slabs and your know why ?

On 20/05/2018 at 12:20, cookoff013 said:

Alan.

We theoretically can import shells from China / the moon. Why oh why would you prefer to use a unknown brand of cheap import vs a domestic produced product. Stuff here is expensive because wages and profit margins. Because stuff is cheap does not mean it's better. I rarely buy non British, but I have favoured Italian shells. 

If you could buy shells from say North korea, would you?

How would we know that the cartel are not already importing from such places,everything else we buy seems to be.

On 22/05/2018 at 22:38, Wb123 said:

Interesting question, how much are cartridges there and can you get a truck load sent over?

One would assume lead prices are pretty global, as presumably would be powder wads and cases. There should be some aspect that could be done more cheaply there though.

No VAT?

Not shotgun cartridges but rifle bullets. I will no longer be buying these from the UK when I can order from Germany, have them shipped to my door for £20 cheaper per 200 hundred. In the case of Edgar Bros. and Hornady I'm afraid their flagrant profiteering is taking the pee.

I'd encourage others to do the same. 

Edited by mick miller

3 minutes ago, mick miller said:

Not shotgun cartridges but rifle bullets. I will no longer be buying these from the UK when I can order from Germany, have them shipped to my door for £20 cheaper per 200 hundred. In the case of Edgar Bros. and Hornady I'm afraid their flagrant profiteering is taking the pee.

I'd encourage others to do the same. 

Who do you order them with? PM if you like.