samboy

Tinned dog food ??.

Hi gang.

I believe most of it is rubbish but can anyone confirm if Chappie is any good.

Thanks all.

if you have a picky dog/ sick dog.................chappie is superb.....i dont like handling it as it stinks and is very sticky...but it is good stuff

1 minute ago, cookoff013 said:

can humans eat dogfood without ill effect?

think you will find it is prepared and cooked to the same standards..as human food...except more nutrious...added vits and trace elements

I'm Sorry if this reply is a bit blunt - but naff off with questions like that. 

The big hint is it is dog food.

Good health to you and yours if you go down that road.

ATB Pushkin:whistling:

We have a 13yr old hunterway x who is a picky eater with a sensitive stomach. Been feeding him chappie for years and he loves it. We've had vets say give it to dogs who are sick cos its delicate on there stomach. 👍

Wouldn't feed Chappie to mine permanently, full of cereals and additives, only 18% is 'meat derivatives'. Facts from allaboutdogfood.co.uk which rates it 0.7/5. Its a great site and rates each food, also telling you what is in the food which some companies try to hide.

However a vet did recommend it for a couple of days for a dog with upset stomach or sick dog but said not a 'decent food' for permanent use.

I feed the best I can afford, Millies Wolfheart, premium compared to some (well £40 a sack which i don't thinks bad) but great food with no cereals or rubbish in it. Constantly get comments on their shiny healthy coats and muscle tone etc. You get what you pay for. 

Edited by Pigeonshooter22