AdamSouthEast

What cartridge will you be using for this pheasant season?

19 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

I've used Hull HP in 30gm 7 for a number of years, they've been discontinued, I've always prefered a more open choke and pattern density,

Haven't they just, the *******. Down to my last few hundred. Had a moan at the Hull stand at the last GF. Went away with a Hull cartridge  head lapel badge and a plastic bag - as if that fixed everything.

Edit: PS You could try Gamebore Supergame High Bird 28g in 7s. Wouldn't get too many as they might not suit your gun but in my two the couple of grams short is compensated for by the slightly tighter patterns that these throw. Softer on the shoulder too.

Edited by wymberley

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

Haven't they just, the *******. Down to my last few hundred. Had a moan at the Hull stand at the last GF. Went away with a Hull cartridge  head lapel badge and a plastic bag - as if that fixed everything.

Edit: PS You could try Gamebore Supergame High Bird 28g in 7s. Wouldn't get too many as they might not suit your gun but in my two the couple of grams short is compensated for by the slightly tighter patterns that these throw. Softer on the shoulder too.

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

Yes, Frustraiting. The repsonse to my last request for them in the shop was lack of Demand 😞 Although i could buy a car load of 34gm 4's 😞  I'll take the look at the highbird, I may just use the 30gm 6's Hull HP. RC make a 30gm 7 but I find them quite punchy on the shoulder, annoying you find the winning formula, pattern well in my gun, soft shooting, consistent, then have to start again.

My all time favourites were Hull Pro-Trap 32gsm 7.5's. They were fantanstic through open choke, not much got away from them !🙂