Rules..for the many, or the few ?

Rewulf

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Blessed is he who expects nothing .........

........ for he shall not be disappointed.

Nothing, would be better than the blatent dishonesty and disrespect for law.
Her brother has already used the 'blame the Russian' gig 3 times !
Quite possibly with his sisters knowledge. So she thought , 'this is easy, I dont need another 3 points, Ill have a bit of that'

What chance have you got, when youve got a front bench MP doing stuff like that, sat next to a terrorist sympathising anti semite, who has, sat on his other side, another social justice warrior with a drug dealer for a son.
Utterly shameless.

16 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Nothing, would be better than the blatent dishonesty and disrespect for law.
Her brother has already used the 'blame the Russian' gig 3 times !
Quite possibly with his sisters knowledge. So she thought , 'this is easy, I dont need another 3 points, Ill have a bit of that'

What chance have you got, when youve got a front bench MP doing stuff like that, sat next to a terrorist sympathising anti semite, who has, sat on his other side, another social justice warrior with a drug dealer for a son.
Utterly shameless.

If she does get away with it I really hope her constituents have long memories.

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

If she does get away with it I really hope her constituents have long memories.

Beats me how she got in anyway to be fair, very narrow margin as I remember.
Shes admitted today in court she didnt have a clue what she was doing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-46263183

From the BBC News article;

A Labour MP has told how she battled the effects of an incurable illness while facing a speeding prosecution and adjusting to life as a new MP.

Fiona Onasanya, 35, is accused of using "dishonest means" to dodge a prosecution for driving 41mph in a 30mph zone, a week after being elected.

The Peterborough MP denies one charge of perverting the course of justice.

At the Old Bailey she denied claiming that a Russian man was behind the wheel at the time her car was seen speeding.

The prosecution has claimed Ms Onasanya and her brother Festus Onasanya "acted jointly in telling lies" to claim she was not driving her Nissan Micra when it was clocked by a speed camera in July 2017, a week after she was elected as an MP.

Giving evidence, Ms Onasanya told jurors that after her election she was thrown in "the ocean" and expected to swim in her new job at Parliament, working in a corridor and being faced with thousands of emails.

She spent Monday to Thursday at Westminster, leaving her car in Cambridge, allowing her mother Paulina Scott, her brother and others to borrow it while she was away.

When a notice of intended prosecution (Nip) arrived in the post, she said she "assumed" she was not driving that Monday because of her Westminster commitments, even though Parliament was in recess.

She left the letter at her mother's house for whoever had been driving her car to deal with, not realising it was her responsibility as keeper of the vehicle, she said.

Christine Agnew QC, defending, asked: "Was it your intention that Festus should use his dishonest means to help you out?"

"Absolutely not," the MP replied.

Her 33-year-old brother has admitted three charges of perverting the course of justice, including one relating to the incident in The Causeway, near Thorney, at 10:03 BST on 24 July last year.

Ms Onasanya told the court that more than a year after the incident she found she had an engagement at Paston Farm community centre in Peterborough that day.

She said she believed her brother had been sorting the Nip.

The MP told jurors she suffered a relapse of multiple sclerosis in September last year.

The politician also denied she returned the Nip which named the driver of her car as Aleks Antipow.

Mr Antipow was found to be at home with his parents in Russia at the time.

He previously lived in Chesterton, Cambridge, at a house rented by Ms Onasanya and her brother, the court heard.

The trial was adjourned until Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Westley said:

WHAT, WHAT  ?  ........................... Lie in a British courtroom, whatever next  ? 

Actually, although I know an awful lot of people do lie in court every day, it is not an easy thing to do for an average reasonably honest person.

Generally, lying in court demonstrates a broader history of deceit / criminality: or a disconnection with reality (pathological liar), which is a lot more common than you would imagine. Either way its not a good image for an MP

Edited by Vince Green

Just now, Vince Green said:

Actually, although I know an awful lot of people do lie in court every day, it is not an easy thing to do for an average reasonably honest person.

Generally, lying in court demonstrates a broader history of deceit / criminality: or a disconnection with reality, which is a lot more common than you would imagine.

Perhaps that is why she became an MP!

7 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Unfortunately, while I'm not saying the Conservatives are any better, Labour has always attracted charlatans to the scent of the gravy train.easy pickings for little real effort.

I think it is politics as a whole.  Politics is about 'power' - and it attracts people with a certain type of strong ambition (for power and position over others) - you start in a contest to win your seat.  People with these strong ambitions will often stop at almost nothing to achieve their ambitions ........ and that includes dishonesty, disloyalty, greed and most other undesirable traits.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think it is politics as a whole.  Politics is about 'power' - and it attracts people with a certain type of strong ambition (for power and position over others) - you start in a contest to win your seat.  People with these strong ambitions will often stop at almost nothing to achieve their ambitions ........ and that includes dishonesty, disloyalty, greed and most other undesirable traits.

The key question is WHY they want the seat in the first place? a desire to make the world a better place? (even if you don't agree with their politics) or a £70K salary, loads of mega expenses, free taxis, loads of junkets and free food/ booze and answerable to nobody. In my experience, most Labour MPs and quite a few conservative and Lib Dems are just free loaders.