Jump to content
squirrel shooter

Insa Turbo Ranger Tyres

    Recommended Posts

    I've used them off road on a shooting truck and had no problems but I put them onto my road vehicle and found them noisy and not as good grip as I expected.they also wore down quite quickly.

    Edited by rapid .25

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, tweedledee said:

    Surely at that money they can't be much cheaper than a set of reasonable tyres

    I want to put them on my Toyota Rav4, I want an AT tyres as it's the best of both worlds for on the road driving and off road for when I go shooting. I only do about 5k miles a year. General Grabber and BF Goodrich AT are £100+ per tyre 

    3 minutes ago, rapid .25 said:

    I've used them off road on a shooting truck and had no problems but I put them onto my road vehicle and found them noisy and not as good grip as I expected.they also wore down quite quickly.

    was you doing a lot off on the road driving? I only do about 5k miles a year. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, squirrel shooter said:

    I want to put them on my Toyota Rav4, I want an AT tyres as it's the best of both worlds for on the road driving and off road for when I go shooting. I only do about 5k miles a year. General Grabber and BF Goodrich AT are £100+ per tyre 

    was you doing a lot off on the road driving? I only do about 5k miles a year. 

    Very similar to you bud, most of my miles were off road at that time.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Just now, rapid .25 said:

    Very similar to you bud, most of my miles were off road at that time.

    would you recommend another AT tyre, or would they do the job? never had remoulds before. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, squirrel shooter said:

    would you recommend another AT tyre, or would they do the job? never had remoulds before. 

    If most of your driving is off road then they will do you fine, imho.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi Boss , I've had them on terrano of mine had them approx 18 months , a bit noisy but still going strong , just turn radio up more , I've done around 12k so far 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I've recently put Kumho MT51s on to my L200 and i'm very pleased with them.  Very Capable off road and clear mud from the tread very effectively and quiet on the road.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    24 minutes ago, Adrian Armsby said:

    Hi Boss , I've had them on terrano of mine had them approx 18 months , a bit noisy but still going strong , just turn radio up more , I've done around 12k so far 

    thats great stuff, I'm sure they will be just the job for what i want, thanks fella 

    3 minutes ago, prem1234 said:

    I've recently put Kumho MT51s on to my L200 and i'm very pleased with them.  Very Capable off road and clear mud from the tread very effectively and quiet on the road.

    Are these AT tyres? thanks 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    So Looking at the Kumho MT51 tyre it's more of an aggressive All Terrain tyre, Kumho's proper Mud tyre, is MT KL51 and is a bit of a beast.

    I put them onto replace some budget AT tyres and am happy with them so far. I do 60% off road and 40% on road.

    Edited by prem1234

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, squirrel shooter said:

    Has anyone had the Insa Turbo Ranger AT tyres, I know they are remoulds. I don't do many miles per year, there well priced at £76 each. Thanks 

    Shop around for the best price on General Grabber AT3's. An excellent tyre both on and off road.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, squirrel shooter said:

    Has anyone had the Insa Turbo Ranger AT tyres, I know they are remoulds. I don't do many miles per year, there well priced at £76 each. Thanks 

    I was skeptical about remoulds having some fail on me in the past but I have insa turbo rangers on one truck and bfg at2s on the other, so far so good on the rangers, I bought a spare bfg all terrain but it was an old model, the ranger tread pattern is near enough the same as the old bfg all terrain

    Edited by johnnytheboy

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Have a look at Falken land air at tyres I replaced my general At2s with them on a ford ranger and was very impressed with noise and grip both on and off road. Cooper are also a good choice if you can get them at a decent price. 

    I found that on road mattered more than off-road, when off-road if it's muddy it didn't matter what pattern all terrain tyre you had they slipped.Even mud tyres can only cope with so much.

    On road comfort and grip is where I noticed more difference. Especially when roads are wet.

    Edited by figgy

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×