Roost Shooting

srspower

46 minutes ago, V8 90 said:

If you shoot well with them then stick with them 😉 stand where you can swing your gun freely, wear dark cloths/camo & make sure you wear a face veil 

12 minutes ago, srspower said:

I had a few 32 gram number 5 and would say they perform much better than number 6's through the branches.

Cheers chaps I will pay a visit to my local gunsmith and pick up a few more boxes of cartridges & dig out the camo wear 👍

17 minutes ago, aga man said:

Thanks for posting  srs. I can't help thinking you could of shot a pair at the start and the contents of the crop is ivy berries not peas.

Can I ask which camera you use?

Yes you could have taken more shots.

Peas in January would be a first for me.

Shoot what gives you confidence. I will probably use my Mossie modded 410 18.7g of #6s and I usually get my share if I do my bit.  Take it from me ignore the branches, It is over 95% fresh air up there, just try and find a spot with a few open areas.  Flighting is some of the best sport out and I don't normally start till second week of Feb.  Have fun.

Nice video, what camera are you using? I do a lot of roost shooting and love it. You are correct about having two shooters in the one wood to keep the birds moving. It really works good. One thing I would say is not to overshoot the same wood. Easily done when using two shooters. If you have a good day in the wood, I would leave it two weeks. I’m using my air rifle at the minute and shooting the same wood every weekend throughout the winter as it has a silencer. So the woodies are not spooked

• 2 weeks later...