Cornishfowler

Game Dealers- how to/Gloucester

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

Managed to land permission on a big arable farm showing high numbers of pigeons (seen them myself).

Wanted to ask how everyone found game dealers to take there pigeons? Don't want to get ahead of myself but wanted to know the process, if you need any licences or training etc?

And if anyone has any recommendations in Gloucestershire?

Many thanks,

CF

Edited by Cornishfowler

I can't comment on things in your area but sadly many gamedealers have either closed shop or stopped taking woodies in many parts of the country. Talking to gamekeepers, butchers and farmers that shoot may point you in the direction of any game dealers locally.

It is good to know you are giving thought to an outlet for your quarry. There are other outlets for those of us who have limited game processers, shooting with steel and supplying hawk breeders and giving game away to those who want it are options and these folk can be found through social media.

Generally you will not need a licence to supply pigeons in feather to a dealer and you are ok to gift people game if no money changes hands.