GIVING UP SHOOTING

Frank

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all. :good:

henry, i will have plenty of pics, hopefully, dog and shooting. :good:

I will get to use my freinds rifles aswell, to shoot fox, deer, so not all doom and gloom, but, i have still felt i have lost both arms :good: , i prepared myself for this and am riding the high waves right now. :yes:

One more thing, that might, just might, be on the card for the futurre, is a trip to the US, to see my father, so who knows what will be come of that. :yes:

Frank.

:lol::good::good::good: :yp: :D:yes::lol: no way it's us over the water who are suffering the red tape stick it out remember the early mornings out on the land on your own the time to reflect when all the 9-5s dont see what we see , what we inspire :lol: ok just trying to get what i feel over 2 much just to give a pen pushing join the que person go 4 it sod the rest :yes:

Well im gobsmacked too.

If there was anyone on here who i thought would sell all there guns you would of been the very last on my list.

I'm sure i can speak for a few on here you have put up some exceptional pics and post on here, which i and many more have really enjoyed and may have learnt from too.

Wish you look with the sale of the guns and good luck with the dogs and ferrets,

TIM

nooooooooooooo dont do it, I have heard of people saying they had wished they never sold up there kit and stopped shooting, cranfield is right if you give up now, it will be just what they want and will inspire them to do it to the rest of us shooters, all I can say is dont do it :good::yes::good::good:

Steve

Frank,

Hate to see you giving in to the politcians, don't sell your guns. Spent some time with the Ausie Special Forces men.

I will tell you this, those men will never give up their personal weapons, no matter what the politicians decide to do.

You can always come to the USA, no man takes our guns here and we are free to shoot and hunt thru out our country.

Owning my weapons means a lot more to me than just hunting or shooting, it means freedom to live how I want, without fear from politicians or would be bad men.

RGD

Frank I'm truly saddened to hear this, its a crying shame !! Who'd of thought it. It seems such a waste of so much knowledge and experience.

There's still time to change your mind. Please dont give into the shiney ar*** gov pen pushers.

Dig in mate !!

'I'll give up my guns when they prise them from my cold dead fingers' Cant remember who quoted that but take strength from it.

Whatever you decide I hope you still keep up the posts on this forum as some of us still have a lot to learn from much respected shooters such as yourself.

All the best mate

Leeboy

'I'll give up my guns when they prise them from my cold dead fingers' Cant remember who quoted that but take strength from it.

Charlton Heston once said it in very bad taste.

Morning John, you're up and about early mate !

Didn't realise it was Charlton Heston. Isn't he the president of the NRA or something ?

You say it was said in bad taste, I didn't know that either, sorry. What was the circumstances in which it was said, or is it too long a story to go into ?

Leeboy

go get your guns back put them in the safe and leave them there for a bit ,i think you need a break or a holiday or go out with the misses and dogs more and clear your head ..and wait till the calling comes again ,it will in time ,sounds like your run down a bit to much pressure or stress we all get it ..iv known of guys to pack up for ten years then start back up again its all down to your state of mind at the time..if you do sell your guns dont give up your ticket as you can always buy a new one :good: know dought i will see your pics up on moochers this season ..

One last thing Frank, IF you sell your guns, you will never get them back, as you correctly stated that the red tape was doing your head in. Take a break and put it on hold, give yourself a breather and THEN decide.

Best wishes with whatever you decide :good:

Frank, at the risk of carrying on a repetative theme - Its my honest opinion that if you give up your guns, you will regret it later. I dont burn powder just yet (but plan to in the future), but I have learnt from reading your posts whilst using this forum.

If you wanted to give it up because you had lost interest in the sport or something then fair enough, but please dont allow someone else to force life decisions on you like that.

If you still enjoy your shooting then please go pick your guns up from the shop and then stick to them.

You obviously have lots of support on here when you need it and if you ever need a biro to fill in any stupid paperwork i'll send you a box of them :good:

Jim

Cheers all. :good::good:

MJ, you are a mind reader, as all the hassel, is making me loose interest :yp:

I have decided to stick with my descision, but will still be posting and writing about my shooting ventures with freinds ect, including photos of the day, so i have not abandoned you all yet. :lol::lol:

It was NOT, an easy decision and as said, i thought long and hard about it. :yes:

Thanks very much for all your support :good: , you are all good folks. :yes::lol:

Talk soon, all the best,

Frank.

I gave up shooting 4-5 years ago when i handed in my spanish sbs to be destroyed and handed over my cert....

Kept the air rifle for a plink now and again...

went out the summer after on the rabbits and got hooked, regrettred every giving it up..

luckikly i reapplied for my SGC and in addition an FAC :good:

Frank

maybe take a break, close the gun cabinet for a while but not for good :good::good:

I used to be mad for pike fishing, sold a load of kit but kept enough back for the odd day out, will be out with luck this weekend for a go at the Bass up the river and Ferrit Boy is coming over for a day on the Pike in the winter which I am looking forward too, we all get down from time ot time and without your posts PW will be the worse for it

You owe it to the rest of us to carry on :good:

frank - dont do it

as Pavman says just lock the cabinet and take a break for a while, you may come to regret losing your guns, i know the dogs will keep you busy and happy for a while but you will always have the guns to fall back on in the future.

Another thing....

It doesnt cost nothing if you dont use them...

If you still have a year or so left on your cert...just keep the guns in the cabinet...if you dont use them, they wont cost you...but they are there if you ever do change you mind..then if a year passes and you still feel the same then just sell you guns and do not renew your licence.