Skoda loon V Lycra loon

Davyo

Skoda pulls on on me,lycra loon was already committed at the nip joint.Skoda actually had right of way but came from nowhere as far as lycra man was concerned.Lycra man was ok apart from a grazed knee and a wonky wheel.

You can just make him out connecting with the fence on the right.

https://youtu.be/Q-so4fg9KjU

Edited by Davyo
Predictive text

1 hour ago, figgy said:

What's that in English Davyo ?

LOL, Black Skoda driven by a blind man (someone who doesn't look left or right when pulling out at junctions)pulls out from my right.Thankfully I'm traveling at 27mph as I can see a lycra loon (a over keen man on a bicycle wearing skin tight shiny clothing) was travelling  at speed.Lycra man was heading for the pinch point (traffic calming measure)and committed (very likey not able to stop). However lycra man had no option but to aborted his manover when the blind man in the Skoda thought 'that gaps mine'.This is when lycra man connected with the fence( a wooden,static structure that hurts when you connect with it at speed).Thankfully lycra man(cyclist) only had a grazed knee and a wobbly (buckled) wheel.

Edited by Davyo

I cant see anything wrong with the Skoda mans driving, yes he did pull out in front of you but it was not dangerous. If we all waited for 100 yards clear before we pulled out we would get nowhere. As for the cyclist he caught his wheel against the kerb, thats what fetched him off.

You see it a lot - one mans enough room is another’s wait. 

To be fair He did tank on it a bit and no attempt to ease off for the mini round about   

We have a side junction locally right before a humped chicane with the priority set up from the direction of the junction  the amount of times people pull out and enter the priority causing the other car going for a clear gap to have to anchor on is unreal  

I have priority is the usual call - but you didn’t until you pulled out onto the road a car length infront of the priority humped chicane - horribly planned junction.   

Edited by ph5172

I think your trying to big yourself up about your speed, which in that built up environment is too fast,( 20 is plenty, well for motor vehicles). When you grow up and manage to get yourself a motor vehicle, then you can then start to appreciate the responsibility's of having to avoid mugs in lyrca on children's toys who are still trying to grow hairs. In the meantime please feel to monkey about on your rayleigh chopper impressing the girls with wheelies and backies. In the meantime we'll be taking care of your errant pigeons.

11 hours ago, Pistol p said:

I think your trying to big yourself up about your speed, which in that built up environment is too fast,( 20 is plenty, well for motor vehicles). When you grow up and manage to get yourself a motor vehicle, then you can then start to appreciate the responsibility's of having to avoid mugs in lyrca on children's toys who are still trying to grow hairs. In the meantime please feel to monkey about on your rayleigh chopper impressing the girls with wheelies and backies. In the meantime we'll be taking care of your errant pigeons.

Sorry I thought 27mph was acceptable in a 30 zone approaching a traffic calming measure 200mtrs away.To answer you second insult, I have grown up and have manage to have  cars ( to many to count over the many years).Currently two 2019 Suzuki's and a modified 2006 MX5 with a New Jimny on order.

Insistently I'm currently bidding on a Raleigh Chopper on eBay.A bike had when I was 10 year old,47 yrs ago.I will refrain from doing wheelies due to the value and will leave it hung on my garage wall.

I will heed your advise on speed seeing your such a charming polite chap.

Edited by Davyo

21 hours ago, peck said:

I cant see anything wrong with the Skoda mans driving, yes he did pull out in front of you but it was not dangerous. If we all waited for 100 yards clear before we pulled out we would get nowhere. As for the cyclist he caught his wheel against the kerb, thats what fetched him off.

My take on it too,cyclist fell off because he was going too fast........