Hawfinches.

JDog

These are birds that are on my 'to see' list. Quite a few are residents but even more come from Northern Europe and Scandinavia in October and November.

Two days ago there were several reports of one being seen at Gibraltar Point near Skegness which is about an hour away so I planned to go and look for it today. Thankfully I logged on to the Lincolnshire Bird Club site this morning and they explained that the Hawfinch was no longer there as it had been taken by a Sparrow hawk in front of several onlookers.

4 hours ago, JDog said:

These are birds that are on my 'to see' list. Quite a few are residents but even more come from Northern Europe and Scandinavia in October and November.

Two days ago there were several reports of one being seen at Gibraltar Point near Skegness which is about an hour away so I planned to go and look for it today. Thankfully I logged on to the Lincolnshire Bird Club site this morning and they explained that the Hawfinch was no longer there as it had been taken by a Sparrow hawk in front of several onlookers.

Regular sightings of Hawfinch in the forest of dean, A bit to far for you to travel though, last reported sighting was of seven hawfinch on the 4th November at Nagshead.

5 hours ago, scolopax said:

Never seen one.  Still a few of the more common ‘rare’ birds I have to see, Bittern,  pied flycatcher, honey buzzard have all eluded me 

Bitterns can be seen most days at Far Ings literally just over the Humber from you.