If I were the judge ............

243deer

5 hours ago, GingerCat said:

The precedent was set in 1978 (41 years ago) and is "instant arming" (r v Williams I think). He had a machete he used for work and the jury bought that,

This, and the subsequent comments from Khan raises the question in my mind as to who knew the law, Rodwan or her? 

Very informative post btw, thanks.

Edited by Retsdon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/01/2020 at 11:42, 243deer said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51205548

Life sentence that means life needed, I know it is the maximum but the guy has had his chance before, clearly a very dangerous individual who, if let out, will probably kill someone next time

Sadly until we get a Judicial system that works effectively without bias this will continue?

Maybe until the needs and rights of the majority outweigh the needs of the individual it will not improve?

On 24/01/2020 at 12:01, Newbie to this said:

I'd really like it explained to me, when attacking someone with a machete, goes from assault with intent, to attempted murder!

60 times the Police officer was hit with the machete, quite a few of those were on the head. If that's not attempted murder, then nothing is!

Our 'justice' system is a absolute disgrace.

Same goes for stabbing someone. In my book it's attempted murder.

Far too much common sense there Newbie.

On 24/01/2020 at 14:01, welsh1 said:

I totally agree with you ,and i was shocked when the police told me what the charge was going to be, but the CPS make the decision and they apparantly will always go with the charge they think they will win, although with the camera footage of this officer i am dumbfounded as to why they did not run with attempted murder.

Probably a very liberal person?

23 hours ago, mel b3 said:

its a real shame that the police officer wasnt armed , and could have just killed the dirty filthy piece of scum . the comments from his brief are shocking.

And if that had been the case, the PC would have most likely been suspended and put through hell. The outcry would have been over whelming from the left and an infinite amount of resources would be in place in an attempt to charging him with murder.  Our legal system is a sick joke.

Edited by TRINITY

12 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

And if that had been the case, the PC would have most likely been suspended and put through hell. The outcry would have been over whelming from the left and an infinite amount of resources would be in place in an attempt to charging him with murder.  Our legal system is a sick joke.

very true :good: