Lead ban & BASC

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Of course members are in control of their organisations, just read and understand the rules and constitutions that they all have.

if members are in control of basc let’s have a explanation from members for lead come on you lot this man says your in control what did you decide to ban lead for 

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

that’s because we have a multi million pound organisation which could easily defend shooting but it’s being run by incompetents so we have to suck up the antis lies because everyone is in denial 

Page after page, we keep hearing you mention ALL THIS MONEY  AND FIGHTING.

HOW? How are BASC going to FIGHT exactly ?  You are yet to answer this question. HOW?  You never said.

16 minutes ago, clangerman said:

what did you decide to ban lead for 

Now now Clangerman; you are getting all hysterical again. No one has banned lead. You decry BASC at every opportunity and are cancelling your membership etc,  as well as sacking the board of directors if I remember correctly; but you dont seem to have read the BASC statement on lead, either that or you totally fail to understand it !

Edited by JJsDad

2 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Now now Clangerman; you are getting all hysterical again. No one has banned lead. You decry BASC at every opportunity and are cancelling your membership etc,  as well as sacking the board of directors if I remember correctly; but you dont seem to have read the BASC statement on lead, either that or you fail to understand it !

i read it my view doesn’t make any difference unfortunately or i would fire the management 

"We have a voluntary moritorium on the use of lead shot which will ultimately and inevitably  mean a legislated ban. Unfortunately, for those affected by this, the instigators of this current action failed to take into account any possible exceptions which could exist in terms of species and location and made it a blanket affair. This in turn means when it comes to the introduction of the legally enforceable replacement there is very little - if any at all - wriggle room available which would allow any sensible exceptions to prevail."

Copied the above from another topic as it's appropriate here.

We have a chicken (shooting) and the egg (associations) situation and because we ignore Aesop (in some countries the goose is a chicken) at our peril and when one considers what happened to the goose, it is quite easy to form an opinion that both it and we wish that it hadn't laid the eggs on the grounds that this fabled bird had already existed perfectly happily for a few centuries before it mistakingly did so. Game shooting will continue but under a different regime as will vermin control. It is just unfortunate that a culpable lack of foresight -  as indicated in the paragraph quoted above - has meant that in all probability the latter will suffer from greater restrictions than necessary in many cases. It is indeed unfortunate that the wealth generated by the goose's generosity was utilised elsewhere and little or none of it to the goose's benefit. It is to be hoped that the poor bird does not suffer the same fate for the same reason as Aesop described.

8 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Page after page, we keep hearing you mention ALL THIS MONEY  AND FIGHTING.

HOW? How are BASC going to FIGHT exactly ?  You are yet to answer this question. HOW?  You never said.

what's the point of BASC if they don't know how to fight for shooters???

Just now, clangerman said:

what are you asking me for you pay them not me to defend shooting 

With respect why should we the members answer your questions if you’re not interested enough to put a few££ into the kitty why ask our representative to answer your questions and why should a organisation with lots of £££fight for you if you’re not a member 

ask your organisation they made a joint decision   

2 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

what's the point of BASC if they don't know how to fight for shooters???

They do, but its clearly not satisfying you and clanger man is it. So enough questions lets be having some answers please . this fighting what do you want them to do. If it will make it any easier for you lets start with this very  topic. The Lead ban that is not a Lead ban.

How would you have them present a good fight as you put it for LEAD.

Just now, Old farrier said:

With respect why should we the members answer your questions if you’re not interested enough to put a few££ into the kitty why ask our representative to answer your questions and why should a organisation with lots of £££fight for you if you’re not a member 

ask your organisation they made a joint decision   

because i have to put up with their failure to counter the antis threat sacs explained they were misled by basc and thanks to basc calling for a ban i now have to use steel instead of lead that’s why i am entitled to my view they affect my sport 

1 minute ago, lancer425 said:

They do, but its clearly not satisfying you and clanger man is it. So enough questions lets be having some answers please . this fighting what do you want them to do. If it will make it any easier for you lets start with this very  topic. The Lead ban that is not a Lead ban.

How would you have them present a good fight as you put it for LEAD.

lead ban shot six using steel this morning not as good but thanks to basc i have to use it don’t make decisions that affect my sport make them that affect your members not me 

because i have to put up with their failure to counter the antis threat sacs explained they were misled by basc and thanks to basc calling for a ban i now have to use steel instead of lead that’s why i am entitled to my view they affect my sport 

Entitled to a view and a comment 

but not a answer from the organisations that you are not a member of 

what have you personally done to counter the anti attack? 

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

Why would you have to do that if you did not want to.?

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

lead ban shot six using steel this morning not as good but thanks to basc i have to use it don’t make decisions that affect my sport make them that affect your members not me 

Why do you have to use steel. ?

are you serious shooting has been under constant attack for years basc has no teeth the best they have is a stern letter that’s what basc do nothing! 

Shooting has indeed been under atack for years, but BASC have always helped us where they could. I do not agree with you.

No one has banned lead, we want to work together to ensue shooting is seen as sustainable, and plan to deliver this over the next 5 years. Accept that some are not happy but for those that are complaining have you read and understood the threats coming from Europe? What we have done it to have done as much as we can to get on the front foot to control the situation

Edited by David BASC