Lead ban & BASC

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

WJ packham and co need to hog the media, he is a media tart he loves it.

To do what he did in the time frame he did it, while I 100% disagree with it I also have, I don't know, it's not respect but due credit that he's truly pushed what he believes in, right or wrong, and got results. In this day and age there should be no excuse for ignorance. It's a shame he and he's ilk choose to ignore facts and evidence.

Pity between us we can't do that too.

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

To do what he did in the time frame he did it, while I 100% disagree with it I also have, I don't know, it's not respect but due credit that he's truly pushed what he believes in, right or wrong, and got results. In this day and age there should be no excuse for ignorance. It's a shame he and he's ilk choose to ignore facts and evidence.

Pity between us we can't do that too.

With the GLs he got lucky, blooming lawyer on a mission Juniper in place and sprain the actress on top form at the enquiry, they were in the right place to do harm. Everytime we get a new type of animal in their sights we get packhams gate strewn with them, but no evidential videos. WHY?

The coppers must be getting suspicious surely.  If dumber and dumber were shooters they would see this is not helping field sports case at all.

No idea who is doing this but i dont think its a shooter. And i admit i do think its from the anti side.

WJ realise that game shooting has more land than any other form of shooting activity. I think if game shooters were to promote themselves as stewards of their land and what lives there, and the activity they do on that land is not only a effective use of a otherwise meagre resource or is secondary use as in forestry etc or effective management of moorland . But revinue raiser for the local economy etc.

I just do not think we are selling ourselves very well thats all. cleaning up our act by not throwing tons of Lead all over the shop is a good move i believe. And a market for any harvest again has to be a plus.

I do not know if we will ever get it together, agree on anything long enough to male a positive impression on the general public.  But right now we are not impressing them or each other nobody is winning here.

Edited by lancer425

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

He will be self isolating. :lol:

He could well be!  As he's OCD about cleaning etc. He has 12 hoovers ya know. He and his step daughter Megan McCubbin didn't turn up for there HS2 protest march Sunday and said that was the reason why. Others still did tho. Think they weren't  to happy of his/her no show as it;s his biggie to try and stop it at the mo. Has got funding of 95k to take gov to court. No doubt when he's next seen out it'l be in designer mask and hasmat gear.    NB

4 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

He could well be!  As he's OCD about cleaning etc. He has 12 hoovers ya know. He and his step daughter Megan McCubbin didn't turn up for there HS2 protest march Sunday and said that was the reason why. Others still did tho. Think they weren't  to happy of his/her no show as it;s his biggie to try and stop it at the mo. Has got funding of 95k to take gov to court. No doubt when he's next seen out it'l be in designer mask and hasmat gear.    NB

The 95K i feel  wont bear the fruit of the 30K crowd funded GLs challenge. Unless he gets his people in places they need to be.  I think they knew what was happening with juniper appointment and to repeat that would be hard to follow in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

The 95K i feel  wont bear the fruit of the 30K crowd funded GLs challenge. Unless he gets his people in places they need to be.  I think they knew what was happening with juniper appointment and to repeat that would be hard to follow in my opinion.

I think they thought Juniper was going to side with them. He didn't/hasn't and look how they have slagged there "friend" off since. Avery was sposed to be in court again to day with Gov over his HH brood meddling appeal. Says on his blogg tonight because of crono he and some of his legal team not attending now. . . . . . . I see even With the seriousness of the crono crisis it hasn't stopped them still having a go at us! Saying with less witness's about keepers and farmers will be killing more wildlife. Even hinting that if you have crono  symptoms cough over a keeper or farmer. Crazy! Very sad lot they are!    NB

6 hours ago, lancer425 said:

With the GLs he got lucky, blooming lawyer on a mission Juniper in place and sprain the actress on top form at the enquiry, they were in the right place to do harm. Everytime we get a new type of animal in their sights we get packhams gate strewn with them, but no evidential videos. WHY?

The coppers must be getting suspicious surely.  If dumber and dumber were shooters they would see this is not helping field sports case at all.

No idea who is doing this but i dont think its a shooter. And i admit i do think its from the anti side.

WJ realise that game shooting has more land than any other form of shooting activity. I think if game shooters were to promote themselves as stewards of their land and what lives there, and the activity they do on that land is not only a effective use of a otherwise meagre resource or is secondary use as in forestry etc or effective management of moorland . But revinue raiser for the local economy etc.

I just do not think we are selling ourselves very well thats all. cleaning up our act by not throwing tons of Lead all over the shop is a good move i believe. And a market for any harvest again has to be a plus.

I do not know if we will ever get it together, agree on anything long enough to male a positive impression on the general public.  But right now we are not impressing them or each other nobody is winning here.

Other than lead I couldn't agree more with what you've said, I too would say im 90% sure it's not a shooter hanging things on he's gate and more likely one of he's own. 

Shooting is always going to be a hard sell, playing the numbers game would help us more than anything.

Not ideal right now though I know.

I've yet to see a single advert from any organisation promoting game meat outside of a shooting mag or internet page dedicated to shooters. Not one. Ever. Same goes for the benefits of game management for conservation. 

It's always preaching to the choir. 

Given the current potential food crisis, would it not be a good time to explain how such things as pigeon/rabbit shooting provided a healthy, free range alternative to farmed meats that benefit the environment? 

A celeb chef or 2 cooking it on tv? 

Perhaps help to game shoots so that the meat is introduced into the food chain at an affordable price and increase the wider public appreciation of it outside of the odd butcher or country restaurant. And not just a glossy ad in a basc magazine that does little. 

43 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I've yet to see a single advert from any organisation promoting game meat outside of a shooting mag or internet page dedicated to shooters. Not one. Ever. Same goes for the benefits of game management for conservation. 

It's always preaching to the choir. 

Given the current potential food crisis, would it not be a good time to explain how such things as pigeon/rabbit shooting provided a healthy, free range alternative to farmed meats that benefit the environment? 

A celeb chef or 2 cooking it on tv? 

Perhaps help to game shoots so that the meat is introduced into the food chain at an affordable price and increase the wider public appreciation of it outside of the odd butcher or country restaurant. And not just a glossy ad in a basc magazine that does little. 

Jamie Oliver, Tim maddem's, Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall and Gordon Ramsay are all fans of game, just not loudly enough. Can't help but think it would do us some proper good to have them making more of a fuss about it.

I was talking to my boy on the phone yesterday and he was asking me what was left in the freezer, which I replied not alot lol.

He then told he's mum the he had tried rabbit, hare, goose and pigeon and wanted to try pheasant now. Her response was 'err no, that's dirty'. 

I suppose she can't help it. We were 15/16 when we met and she had never tried duck because her mum told her it tasted like feathers 🙄

Edited by Farmboy91

40 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Not all of WJ are self isolating, some are in court

https://markavery.info/2020/03/16/tomorrow-we-are-in-court/

What would be a victory for common sense here, would be if this action brought about a change in the law on such predators, to one that recognised their impact and that they can not go on forever being unquestionably protected. And new laws implemented that in such circumstances as they were doing harm they could be culled under a Special GL.

A pipe dream i imagine, but there you go.

18 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Jamie Oliver, Tim maddem's, Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall and Gordon Ramsay are all fans of game, just not loudly enough. Can't help but think it would do us some proper good to have them making more of a fuss about it.

I was talking to my boy on the phone yesterday and he was asking me what was left in the freezer, which I replied not alot lol.

He then told he's mum the he had tried rabbit, hare, goose and pigeon and wanted to try pheasant now. Her response was 'err no, that's dirty'. 

I suppose she can't help it. We were 15/16 when we met and she had never tried duck because her mum told her it tasted like feathers 🙄

It is just bad marketing, we need some clever marketing that is all.  I mean parents take their kids to McDonald’s to eat and they don’t even sell food there. . :lol:

26 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Don't forget Mike Robinson one of  the very best, hunter, butcher, chef and restaurant owner all selling game. Can't argue with that.

45 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

It is just bad marketing, we need some clever marketing that is all.  I mean parents take their kids to McDonald’s to eat and they don’t even sell food there. . :lol: 

Be nice to see Waitrose make a effort to promote selling lead free game don't you think?

38 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

Don't forget Mike Robinson one of  the very best, hunter, butcher, chef and restaurant owner all selling game. Can't argue with that.

These are quite possibly the biggest asset we have at the moment but the biggest down side is how are they going to get the message out. 

None of the broadcasters are going to touch them.

10 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Be nice to see Waitrose make a effort to promote selling lead free game don't you think?

These are quite possibly the biggest asset we have at the moment but the biggest down side is how are they going to get the message out. 

I think given the opportunity they will, i think its a shame the human race as got to a state where good is rejected in favour of  the fast foods so popular these days.

14 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I think given the opportunity they will, i think its a shame the human race as got to a state where good is rejected in favour of  the fast foods so popular these days.

No chance, but I hope I'm wrong. But they niche, they only hold a very small percentage of the market, and if I'm correct they're part of John Lewis which we're losing money hand over fist. M&S are the same lovely food but over priced, to small 

34 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

15 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

No chance, but I hope I'm wrong. But they niche, they only hold a very small percentage of the market, and if I'm correct they're part of John Lewis which we're losing money hand over fist. M&S are the same lovely food but over priced, to small 

Well with the way things are in the country at the moment who knows, we might suddenly end up with a demand for meat and more homegrown produce.

3 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

Not all of WJ are self isolating, some are in court

https://markavery.info/2020/03/16/tomorrow-we-are-in-court/

No he's not. As i said in another post, he and some of his legal team not attending now because of corno. It's there appeal against the HH brood management case they lost. And i expect CP is at home busy hoovering with one of the 12 he has.    NB

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Well with the way things are in the country at the moment who knows, we might suddenly end up with a demand for meat and more homegrown produce.

I'm afraid we just don't have it. We as farmers are now really environmentalists all are home produced food would runout in August i believe 

17 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

I'm afraid we just don't have it. We as farmers are now really environmentalists all are home produced food would runout in August i believe 

Well maybe not now then but it could be the kick up the backside to start a future change.

Probably won't happen, got to try and see some light at the end of this.

2 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Waitrose are part of the problem we now have with lead don't you think?

1 hour ago, andrewluke said:

Waitrose are part of the problem we now have with lead don't you think?

Yes, fully aware of that. As they have caused so much fuss it would be nice for them to make a big point of selling lead free game, don't you think?

Edited by Farmboy91

2 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

so Waitrose get what they want,there are some gullible people about.

If you care to read back, at no point have I said anything in support of banning lead. While I don't agree with it, it is a situation we are all going to be forced into. 

Now as one of the names who has a hand in what has happened it is not unreasonable for Waitrose to now step up and push the lead free game that they have been after. 

If you seriously believe that there will be a U- turn over this, I'm not the gullible one.

My problem is as I've said before, supermarkets etc. Promise the earth at a inflated price then at the point of paying find everything possible wrong with it and either refuse to pay or at a very reduced price, knowing your stuck with them and ever penilising you for breaking your contact. Seller BEWARE