Interesting article on floods

JohnfromUK

I live in north somerset where we have the same land scape but on a bit smaller scale .the farmers know the value of dredging and keeping the rhynes clear .

Its rained here every day since xmas and i walk the fields all the time there is no wide spread flooding .just full /working  waterways doing their job .

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

I live in north somerset where we have the same land scape but on a bit smaller scale .the farmers know the value of dredging and keeping the rhynes clear .

Its rained here every day since xmas and i walk the fields all the time there is no wide spread flooding .just full /working  waterways doing their job .

Tell that to Scottish EnvironmentalProtection Authority. Won’t dredge the Nith and it just gets worse.

Lets not be silly here, 94 % of scientist KNOW that global warming causes floods, bush fires , coronavirus and far right thinking.

Dredging will have no effect whatsoever, and will disturb the fragile ecology of our rivers, saw it on countryfile , so its obviously true.
Banning shooting and eating meat WILL help though, as will walking to work and flushing the toilet once a week only.

9 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Have to agree here, fields are soaked and the gripes are full but having clear water ways have meant the water has somewhere to escape too. Dog loves it as runs through the water and swimming the river.