Positive responses to this hoo-ha

henry d

On a brighter note.

Beyond all the hoarding and stupid selfishness a friend of ours has spoken to local businesses and they agreed to stump up for 55 meals from a local take away, yes Chinese, for mothers who cannot be with their children due to this crisis. To make it cost effective she is organising people to volunteer to deliver them.

๐Ÿ˜

Lovely, but doesnโ€™t that defeat the point of social distancing?ย 
ย 

People keep going on about having things dropped off, but the virus can be passed off someoneโ€™s hands and clothes, put into the things they drop off, and you then go and pick them up ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Lovely, but doesnโ€™t that defeat the point of social distancing?ย 
ย 

People keep going on about having things dropped off, but the virus can be passed off someoneโ€™s hands and clothes, put into the things they drop off, and you then go and pick them up ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Do you have a better idea how to get stuff to peopleย  who are social distancing . Not been rude here by the way .

2 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Do you have a better idea how to get stuff to peopleย  who are social distancing . Not been rude here by the way .

Iโ€™m not being rude either mate, Iโ€™m very worried about people.ย 
ย 

Id hate to see someone drop off stuff to an elderly relative etc only for them to get infected from that.ย 
ย 

ย 

One of the lads is spraying and wiping down every bit of shopping that enters his house.ย 
ย 

Some are saying that the virus can live on surfaces for almost 9 days.ย 

51 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Iโ€™m not being rude either mate, Iโ€™m very worried about people.ย 
ย 

Id hate to see someone drop off stuff to an elderly relative etc only for them to get infected from that.ย 
ย 

ย 

One of the lads is spraying and wiping down every bit of shopping that enters his house.ย 
ย 

Some are saying that the virus can live on surfaces for almost 9 days.ย 

Yes i read that the other day scary stuffย  . I have CFS and its scares the **** out of me . Last year there was not many weeks i would not pick up a virus . I have not been in a shop fir ages buy most of my stuff online . The wife does the shopping . You stay safe .

3 minutes ago, henry d said:

Because they offered

Like I said, very nice of them, but either a massive coincidence, or a very strange choice of meals considering what's going on at the moment. Sales of Chinese takeaway have taken a huge hit, more so than other options and although irrational, it's not hard to guess why.

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

ย Sales of Chinese takeaway have taken a huge hit, more so than other options and although irrational, it's not hard to guess why.

Well, as long as it's not sweet and sour Pangolin

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Like I said, very nice of them, but either a massive coincidence, or a very strange choice of meals considering what's going on at the moment. Sales of Chinese takeaway have taken a huge hit, more so than other options and although irrational, it's not hard to guess why.

Xenophobia?

Some things I have noticed (at least locally) :

Decent community spirit. FB page setup listing places offering delivery, people offering and receiving help.ย 

Massive support for local businesses.

More direct purchasing from producers.ย 

More upcycling / recycling

Things being given free to those in need.ย 

Hopefully those things last once we are out the other side of this.ย 

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I would call it irrational fear, but then if you watch clouds for long enough looking for a certain pattern, you'll eventually see what you want to see.

The sweet and sour and the curried chicken was lovely, if I'm dead in a month then it was still nice.