Decking board projects

treetree

Hello all,

I've got a fair amount of wooden deck boards from a deck that had to come up. It's currently getting in the way in the garage. 

Has anyone got any ideas for projects that deck boards lend themselves to for the garden? Planters seem the obvious choice, but they look a little too rustic for my taste. 

I've already built a sandpit for the kids, but am keen to use this wood up as it's in the way ( and I need something to do)

1 minute ago, treetree said:

Hello all,

I've got a fair amount of wooden deck boards from a deck that had to come up. It's currently getting in the way in the garage. 

Has anyone got any ideas for projects that deck boards lend themselves to for the garden? Planters seem the obvious choice, but they look a little too rustic for my taste. 

I've already built a sandpit for the kids, but am keen to use this wood up as it's in the way ( and I need something to do)

hello, how much decking board have you ? will help to know an ideal project

I need a small log store for a woodburner in my workshop. I've got a bit of decking spare and can't really get out to buy anything else so will see if I can cobble something together.

On another note - I've always thought the electric chainsaws a bit girly, however, on the recommendation of a mate and huffing and puffing over temperamental two strokes I bought a £50 jobbie from Screwfix - Really quite pleased.

I've knocked together a sandpit, and also possibly the ugliest paint/ liquids storage unit for the garage. Most of the boards are cupped and dirty, so really only any good for 'rustic' looking pieces.

I have the same chainsaw, the titan from screwfix. Really good, as is their electric hedge trimmer