Hotmail issues

harrycatcat1

Has anyone else had any issues with hotmail emails?

When I send an email instead of it going into the sent items folder it gets put into the spam folder🤔🤔 consequently my sent items folder is empty, where they have all gone to I do not know.

Has anyone got any ideas? It's on my phone if that makes any difference. 

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Has anyone else had any issues with hotmail emails?

Constantly and for the last 20+ years.  It's worth, as a service, exactly what you pay for it, i.e. £0.

If it wasn't for the fact I have a good 'handle' on it I'd have ditched it entirely years ago.

Is it just personal or business stuff?

Iif your decent enough to do it, rename spam folder to sent 'after' you rename your sent folder to ZSENT which will list it below your line of sight and stop annoying you. If you can't do that then 1st rename sent to zsent then make a new folder named sent and add make your outgoing mail to save a copy to it.

Hotmail is now considered very old service.

I would advise going forward to: Signup for 2 new accounts at icloud and gmail like these: hcatcat@icloud.com and  hcatcat@gmail.com start using either as your Primary email /contacts then depending on whether you use an Apple mobile (icloud) or 'any' other mobile (gmail) use the other account as a ' synchronised back of the other' that why your set for the next few years because if you get locked out, forget your password,lose/break your mobile/laptop your covered.

If you get stuck ask anyone aged between 12 and 30 to do for you what I suggest and they will sort it without much effort

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Constantly and for the last 20+ years.  It's worth, as a service, exactly what you pay for it, i.e. £0.

If it wasn't for the fact I have a good 'handle' on it I'd have ditched it entirely years ago.

Is it just personal or business stuff?

Its only personal stuff, sounds as though its time to sack it over a period of time, thanks👍

2 hours ago, mgsontour said:

Iif your decent enough to do it, rename spam folder to sent 'after' you rename your sent folder to ZSENT which will list it below your line of sight and stop annoying you. If you can't do that then 1st rename sent to zsent then make a new folder named sent and add make your outgoing mail to save a copy to it.

Hotmail is now considered very old service.

I would advise going forward to: Signup for 2 new accounts at icloud and gmail like these: hcatcat@icloud.com and  hcatcat@gmail.com start using either as your Primary email /contacts then depending on whether you use an Apple mobile (icloud) or 'any' other mobile (gmail) use the other account as a ' synchronised back of the other' that why your set for the next few years because if you get locked out, forget your password,lose/break your mobile/laptop your covered.

If you get stuck ask anyone aged between 12 and 30 to do for you what I suggest and they will sort it without much effort

So it's time to sack hotmail, do you recommend gmail ?

As for the other stuff I haven't a clue how to sort it so I will just swap. Thanks for your advice 👍

Mine has done it for a good while, and I have had this account for 15 years or more, which is only slightly annoying as I don`t get access to a spam folder with the version I have on my phone, so unless I am using a comp/lappie then I have no idea I have responses awaiting reply. Gmail has never been an issue, and I have 2 (work/home) accounts with them, hope you get something sorted.

21 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

So it's time to sack hotmail, do you recommend gmail ?

As for the other stuff I haven't a clue how to sort it so I will just swap. Thanks for your advice 👍

Icloud mail for Apple mobiles and Gmail for every other mobile; job done, as it's in their interest to provide you with a seamless service.

* If your interested why. . . . basically free services are loaded with portals/gates that manufacturers, Government, advertisers, hackers etc can use if they so wish. Paid emails, icloud and Gmail are updated with security patches constantly, paid for via subscriptions or loyalty incentives to stay with that brand.

It's complex as big money at stake sir

2 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

Icloud mail for Apple mobiles and Gmail for every other mobile; job done, as it's in their interest to provide you with a seamless service.

* If your interested why. . . . basically free services are loaded with portals/gates that manufacturers, Government, advertisers, hackers etc can use if they so wish. Paid emails, icloud and Gmail are updated with security patches constantly, paid for via subscriptions or loyalty incentives to stay with that brand.

It's complex as big money at stake sir

Thanks for taking the time to give a detailed explanation to someone who was brought up with a black and white telly as a kid 👍👍👍

17 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Thanks for your help I now have a gmail account 👍

Great, now the next bit to make your 100% is open another account here

https://www.icloud.com/

Then use your gmail account and then DIY or enlist the help of a youngster to make icloud 'back up' your gmail account, then if you ever have problems everything is backed up securely; job done

On 07/06/2020 at 09:10, mgsontour said:

Great, now the next bit to make your 100% is open another account here

https://www.icloud.com/

Then use your gmail account and then DIY or enlist the help of a youngster to make icloud 'back up' your gmail account, then if you ever have problems everything is backed up securely; job done

Thanks 👍👍👍

I’ve had an msn email for at least 20 years worked perfectly until about 6 months they apparently changed a few things and I could no longer receive work emails not in junk or trash got a gmail account and they come through straight away !