Sign in to follow this  
Scully

Dashcam

Anyone recommend a good one? 
Ive had so many near misses just lately with bikers, pedestrians and other road users , I thought it was time I got one. 

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

Anyone recommend a good one? 
Ive had so many near misses just lately with bikers, pedestrians and other road users , I thought it was time I got one. 

The Nextbase range are good value. I've got a 412gw in my car and it works well.

I got a hard wired  dual-channel Thinkware F800 Pro and already paid for itself .

I know is more expensive than a Nextbase but is got parking recording as well , and managed to find the culprit after a hit and run on my Mrs. car parked outside our house. My car was parked on the other side, a bit further down and got recording of the incident with both rear and front camera.

Is all depending what are you looking for and how much do you want to spend...

Be sure to get one with a removable memory card. Then if you should be unlucky enough to have an incident at least you can keep that memory card to one side.

19 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Be sure to get one with a removable memory card. Then if you should be unlucky enough to have an incident at least you can keep that memory card to one side.

The Nextbase ones have this.

23 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

The Nextbase ones have this.

So do the £14 cameras from Home Bargains   !

Three years ago, a women could not take the corner, and my Hi-lux was written off. The police viewed my SD on the spot, and charged her, they told me without the camera, it could have been her word against mine.

I had a Nextbase 380GW with front & rear HD cameras installed in our new RAV4, it’s recordings are excellent quality & very easy to review/download. The front camera records constant & the rear camera only records when there’s someone/something behind you. It also has the parked mode which automatically activates/senses/records anything untoward. 

I use Apeman in both my vehicles, hardwired in one, cigarette type plug in the other. Cheap, reliable and clear recording. Front and rear cams

My son uses nextbase in his and his partners vehicles and his 18 lorries coupled to a tracker system. Front cams only.

Can't fault either make.