Trump tests positive!

Scully

Another example would be Trump only paid $750 in taxes in 2016!  Which is true.  But what the liberal media leaves out it’s because he over paid a few million the year before and received credit in 2016.  But Trump did only pay a few million in taxes but he did it legally with tax credits introduced under the Obama administration. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Another example would be Trump only paid $750 in taxes in 2016!  Which is true.  But what the liberal media leaves out it’s because he over paid a few million the year before and received credit in 2016.  But Trump did only pay a few million in taxes but he did it legally with tax credits introduced under the Obama administration. 

Thats not completely true, Trump has not been paying much tax for years because he has been losing money hand over fist and borrowing money to make up the shortfall. His debt level is astronomical.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/27/us/donald-trump-taxes.html

Edited by Vince Green

28 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

he has been losing money hand over fist and borrowing money to make up the shortfall. His debt level is astronomical.

It is quite surprising how many 'very rich' people seem to be like that, and their actual 'net worth' after debts are settled is either quite small, or often negative.  In business - it might be termed the 'goodwill' value of the business.  For many years Amazon and Tesla and other very 'successful' businesses with massive stock market valuations actually never made any money at all .......

On 06/10/2020 at 09:21, Vince Green said:

a political observer on TV this morning said he is getting a massive amount of TV time in America because of this and Biden is hardly getting a look in.

maybe he's not as dumb as we think

Yep, he's a dumb billionaire.... now I can't work that out, can you?

So far only 2 years of Trump tax returns have been leaked.  2005 and 2016.  2005 he paid in around 38 million federal and 15 to various states.    That year he only had about 100 million in losses.  That his personal income and not his many companies.  Companies have to pay taxes on profits and the income that they pay employees.  The employee payroll tax can’t be written off as the profit tax can.  This is 15.3% of all wages paid to employees.  (If I remember correctly). So even if a company has enough write offs they still have to pay the 15.3%.  

Why are we all worried what Trump has payed or not payed in tax when the  ******* in parliament have just awarded themselves a nice £3,200 pay increase this year when half the country’s tax payers are looking at the dole. Let’s try and sort the **** out this side of the pond first.

Edited by blackbird

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Why are we all worried what Trump has payed or not payed in tax when the  ******* in parliament have just awarded themselves a nice £3,200 pay increase this year when half the country’s tax payers are looking at the dole. Let’s try and sort the **** out this side of the pond first.

They also had a 3.1% increase only in March this year, so this rise (of 4.2%) will be their second in a year if it goes ahead (it is opposed by many including the Gov't). 

It is set by an 'independent' panel and many MPs claim to oppose it.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8825909/Fury-MPs-3-300-pay-rise-85-291-thousands-lose-jobs-Covid.html

2 hours ago, ordnance said:

Does the tax not come out of the employees wages, not Trumps. 

Over here the employer pays 15.3%, employees pay what ever their tax bracket is.  I am in the 21% bracket.  I can write off deductions but employers can’t.   So if you make 100k a year the feds get 15k from the company and 21k from me. These numbers are from a few years back when I took a tax code class in college.  I reserve the right to be wrong on exactly the current percent.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant