New NI lockdown

Rob85

So the price of people wanting a big family get together for Christmas is a 6 week lockdown starting from boxing day....hope it's damn well worth it. 

I'm just crossing my fingers that rough shooting on your own or socially distanced is allowed, maybe someone from BASC could give some insight?

I’m awaiting the the executive publishing the restrictions, news outlets differ in their reporting. 

It’s madness that 3 households are allowed to gather indoors from 23-27th but we can’t stand 15 meters apart on the 26th. 

I hope BASC provide some clarity on it for us all. As someone who has followed all restrictions to date I am extremely frustrated that the season has been spoiled.

7 minutes ago, Rossco89 said:

I’m awaiting the the executive publishing the restrictions, news outlets differ in their reporting. 

It’s madness that 3 households are allowed to gather indoors from 23-27th but we can’t stand 15 meters apart on the 26th. 

I hope BASC provide some clarity on it for us all. As someone who has followed all restrictions to date I am extremely frustrated that the season has been spoiled.

Most of the politicians seem to agree that the biggest problem seems to be non compliance with even simple measures.

Were you meant to be out on a driven shoot? Was just wondering how hard they have been hit this year in NI, I was planning on doing some beating this year but just though before the season started "what's the point?"

11 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Most of the politicians seem to agree that the biggest problem seems to be non compliance with even simple measures.

Were you meant to be out on a driven shoot? Was just wondering how hard they have been hit this year in NI, I was planning on doing some beating this year but just though before the season started "what's the point?"

Stand one, beat one, small diy type shoot. 

We put down less birds this year as we expected to lose some of the season to lock down but unfortunately due to being unwell have missed a few days. We started earlier than normal to try and make the most of it. It was accepted that Boxing Day would be the last day, with a lockdown expected in January.

I expect this lastest lockdown could be very challenging for the driven estates, unless teams accept their day being moved to next season? 

I know there will be next season ect it’s just frustrating, it’s my favourite time of year!

3 minutes ago, Rossco89 said:

Stand one, beat one, small diy type shoot. 

We put down less birds this year as we expected to lose some of the season to lock down but unfortunately due to being unwell have missed a few days. We started earlier than normal to try and make the most of it. It was accepted that Boxing Day would be the last day, with a lockdown expected in January.

I expect this lastest lockdown could be very challenging for the driven estates, unless teams accept their day being moved to next season? 

I know there will be next season ect it’s just frustrating, it’s my favourite time of year!

Absolutely, I know people will say there's always next season but for some estates this might be the end, or what they will do is try and maintain bird numbers and put down a small amount to mix in next season. An estate I used to beat on is 10 minutes walk from me and I've hardly heard a shot all season. Don't think I would go back there again mind you after how I was treated last time!

Yes fill your boots over Christmas, and pay for it after. From what i can see people are not doing what they should be doing social distancing etc, I would be out and about in a plant service van, i regularly see people standing talking face to face a foot away. There is not a day that i do not have to tell people to back off and keep their distance when at a job, one of the fitters was at a job and the customer went to get in the van with him to show him were the machine was. 

Edited by ordnance

2 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Our welsh numpty is doing a full lockdown for 3 weeks. No travelling or leaving home etc so I guess that is shooting stuffed again. 2 house holds can meet for Christmas. Such a pompous little plonker  

When this happens, i don't see much choice here. 

Rows of ambulances , many with patients inside, in the car park outside Antrim Area hospital this evening

Antrim-Area-Hospital002.jpg

I've literally just reopened my wee sideline pocket money sports therapy business again and as its close contact I'm getting all of a week and a bit then closing again, same as last time, one week open then damn well closed.

2 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Yes fill your boots over Christmas, and pay for it after. From what i can see people are not doing what they should be doing social distancing etc, I would be out and about in a plant service van, i regularly see people standing talking face to face a foot away. There is not a day that i do not have to tell people to back off and keep their distance wen at a job, one of the fitters was at a job and the customer went to get in the van with him to show him were the machine was. 

I work for an aerospace company and we physically can't social distance at times, do they care? Nope! I won't even go into the tea room for my breaks because I don't want to be close to other people.

The biggest issues over here seems to be the uni students and 6th year teens being out and not respecting guidelines.....also soft parents who thing their little crotch goblins can do no wrong

1 minute ago, Rob85 said:

I've literally just reopened my wee sideline pocket money sports therapy business again and as its close contact I'm getting all of a week and a bit then closing again, same as last time, one week open then damn well closed.

I work for an aerospace company and we physically can't social distance at times, do they care? Nope! I won't even go into the tea room for my breaks because I don't want to be close to other people.

The biggest issues over here seems to be the uni students and 6th year teens being out and not respecting guidelines.....also soft parents who thing their little crotch goblins can do no wrong

I worked in Bombardier on the RJ200 fuselage 20 people climbing over each other, i was thinking i am glad i do not work there now.  But in work now 5 or 6 could be sitting in the workshop canteen a foot from each other, i refused to work in the workshop and if i am in the yard i sit in the van and have my lunch.   

9 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

work for an aerospace company and we physically can't social distance at times, do they care? Nope! I won't even go into the tea room for my breaks because I don't want to be close to other people.

I was just going to say does it start with a B.

Quite lucky I'm on nights in a new facility, the old building was as you described above so I had my break by the machine. 

Anyone working in close proximity and your supposed to put masks on here, but not everyone does.

I'm sure England will be in full lockdown by mid January,  but we can't miss Christmas can we?

3 hours ago, ordnance said:

I worked in Bombardier on the RJ200 fuselage 20 people climbing over each other, i was thinking i am glad i do not work there now.  But in work now 5 or 6 could be sitting in the workshop canteen a foot from each other, i refused to work in the workshop and if i am in the yard i sit in the van and have my lunch.   

Oh I was part of that! In the height of the summer it was like a Roman orgy in that fuselage with 20 sweaty guys climbing over the top of one another!

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

I was just going to say does it start with a B.

Quite lucky I'm on nights in a new facility, the old building was as you described above so I had my break by the machine. 

Anyone working in close proximity and your supposed to put masks on here, but not everyone does.

I'm sure England will be in full lockdown by mid January,  but we can't miss Christmas can we?

Well I just seen a clarification in their notes no sporting activity OF ANY CAPACITY in the first week. I was always happy to find somewhere quiet to sit and take my tea with maybe one other, hate feeling crowded in somewhere at the best of times 

Living just over the border in Wales and these staggered lockdowns between the countries is a complete and utter pain. The rest of our family is in England and we rely on Chester as our nearest major shopping area

So we go into one lockdown and then when that has finished, England is in another lockdown so in effect the lockdown time is doubled up. My wife still goes as she gets the shopping for her parents every week.

1 hour ago, captainhastings said:

Think he should cancelled Christmas lol. Tesco was packed yesterday when i nipped in for loaf. As you expect at Christmas but this is not a normal Christmas. Don't have to be a genius to see huge spike coming. Instead of a full lockdown after just control things better over christmas and stop it before it happens.

I've started using smaller shops and farm shops as much as possible, there's a dairy farm close to me is now selling their own pasteurized whole milk. You buy a litre bottle from them, then it's a quid to fill, wash your bottle then pay your quid for a fill, it's like a coffee/vending machine style operation. Think it's a good idea as they are getting a good fair price for their milk and you can really taste the difference. I love to support the local businesses 

7 hours ago, Rob85 said:

I've started using smaller shops and farm shops as much as possible, there's a dairy farm close to me is now selling their own pasteurized whole milk. You buy a litre bottle from them, then it's a quid to fill, wash your bottle then pay your quid for a fill, it's like a coffee/vending machine style operation. Think it's a good idea as they are getting a good fair price for their milk and you can really taste the difference. I love to support the local businesses 

We have one of them i call some times and yes you are right

40 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

We have one of them i call some times and yes you are right

Further to that on the milk front, there's a guy a bit further away from me who sells raw milk from his farm, if you REALLY want to taste the difference in your porridge I highly recommend it, freshly squeezed milk really is something else. Officially he has to have a warning on the bottles that it could contain a few nasties but as he explained....every time his tanks are tested, his milk and tanks come up cleaner than the big commercial outfits that stock the big supermarkets.