henry d

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Pangolin said:

Also from the same article "It's important to remember that most people who have COVID-19 recover quickly. "

But not completely?

the evidence of residual harm is still growing but its not yet clear about the extent of the hidden damage. So lets not be so so dismissive about the problem until the data is in?

Which could be years from now. It might be really serious for lots of people in years to come, or it might not but the thought of kids with scarred lungs and damaged hearts  who never had any symptoms at the time is a real concern   

Edited by Vince Green

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

So lets not be so so dismissive about the problem until the data is in. Which could be years from now  

Nobody is being dismissive, but we cannot afford for the sake of our physical, mental and financial health to carry on as we are.

By the way, Post Viral Syndrome, as it is more correctly referred to, isn't unique to COVID and is a bit of a lottery anyway.  If you were either accepting (or more likely, ignorant) of its risks from any other virus, what's so different about this one?

23 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Nobody is being dismissive, but we cannot afford for the sake of our physical, mental and financial health to carry on as we are.

By the way, Post Viral Syndrome, as it is more correctly referred to, isn't unique to COVID and is a bit of a lottery anyway.  If you were either accepting (or more likely, ignorant) of its risks from any other virus, what's so different about this one?

Believe me I am not ignorant of PVS, my first wife suffered for years and still does thirty years on. They called it ME and yuppie flu, dismissing it as "all in the mind". We were divorced before she got it but it has been a struggle for her ever since and she is still easily tired by routine day to day things even now. Her whole life these thirty odd years has been dominated  by her illness and nobody really gives a FFFFF

but it didn't leave scar tissue in the lungs and heart or reduced kidney and liver function like this one appears to do, even in kids under ten..

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

But not completely?

the evidence of residual harm is still growing but its not yet clear about the extent of the hidden damage. So lets not be so so dismissive about the problem until the data is in?

Which could be years from now. It might be really serious for lots of people in years to come, or it might not but the thought of kids with scarred lungs and damaged hearts  who never had any symptoms at the time is a real concern   

Ask the Mayo clinic, they posted the article, I was just adding the text that the PW member missed off.