Oil bottle / 3 piece cleaning rod

Dogs

On 09/06/2021 at 13:57, Dogs said:

Hi anybody got any of the above for sale ?    for a gun case restore project ,    by any chance ?  Cheers

Are you looking for like a 1940s (??) style oil bottle (kind of like a reservoir with a long spout) or something else ?

I have a couple like that

I think that he is looking more for something like this, but round. I`ve always known yours as oil cans. Still quite collectible though, especially if made by Kayes. 

Someone, probably Tightchoke or Ditchman, will tell me what my oil bottle is from  :hmm:(I already know, so no wild guesses gents).

OB

IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

3 hours ago, Downforce said:

Are you looking for like a 1940s (??) style oil bottle (kind of like a reservoir with a long spout) or something else ?

I have a couple like that

Hi bud, thanks for getting in touch, unfortunately that's not the type I am looking for,   they don't have a spout as such , there round ( or square ) that fit into a designated compartment in a moter case ,    about an inch or 2 square,   thanks again for your reply 

On 09/06/2021 at 13:57, Dogs said:

Hi anybody got any of the above for sale ?    for a gun case restore project ,    by any chance ?  Cheers

Holts have a couple in their July sealed bid auction along with some other stuff in Lot No.2916 with an estimate of £40-£60. Bearing in mind with buyers premium and VAT you have to add 30% onto the hammer price. That`s not allowing for any required posting.

OB