Politicians and Parties; try thinking differently.

RockySpears

13 minutes ago, Westward said:

The constant emphasis on the numbers who've owned up to being infected is the main plank of Project Fear. Powerfully supported by the BBC and Ch 4, these are the figures used by hysterics like Ferguson to make idiotic claims for future deaths. Meanwhile the government claims to be trying to prevent a crisis in the NHS and also avoid another lockdown because they know most people won't adhere to it.

It's now known that Omicron does not typically invade the lungs to the extent the other variants do so it really is no worse than Flu and probably less so which means the hospitals can think about releasing some of the ICU beds currently unused and held in reserve for the Covid tidal wave which looks increasingly unlikely to happen.

The back story behind Project Fear is that the government and their advisers don't want the public to know how many are dying from Flu, a stat which is no longer being made public but which is very likely to be more than from Covid.

Sooner or later they'll have to stop kicking the can down road and restore normal life. Just like Flu, Covid isn't going away and they can't keep trying to hide from it forever.

Interestingly the anagram for Omicron is Moronic...

Even more interesting is that an anagram of 'Delta Omicron' is 'media control'...

On 23/12/2021 at 17:19, Westward said:

The constant emphasis on the numbers who've owned up to being infected is the main plank of Project Fear. Powerfully supported by the BBC and Ch 4, these are the figures used by hysterics like Ferguson to make idiotic claims for future deaths. Meanwhile the government claims to be trying to prevent a crisis in the NHS and also avoid another lockdown because they know most people won't adhere to it.

It's now known that Omicron does not typically invade the lungs to the extent the other variants do so it really is no worse than Flu and probably less so which means the hospitals can think about releasing some of the ICU beds currently unused and held in reserve for the Covid tidal wave which looks increasingly unlikely to happen.

The back story behind Project Fear is that the government and their advisers don't want the public to know how many are dying from Flu, a stat which is no longer being made public but which is very likely to be more than from Covid.

Sooner or later they'll have to stop kicking the can down road and restore normal life. Just like Flu, Covid isn't going away and they can't keep trying to hide from it forever.

Interestingly the anagram for Omicron is Moronic...

So why would governments want to spend billions put controls in place lockdowns etc ?

15 hours ago, ordnance said:

So why would governments want to spend billions put controls in place lockdowns etc ?

Omicron is different. It's the beginning of the virus mutating towards becoming relatively harmless. The South Africans have been saying for weeks that it's no worse than a bad cold, but our arrogant experts at SAGE and  that scaremongering bunch of random talking heads the news media love won't to wheel out accept that at face value. Therefore they're bullying the governments, especially in Wales and Scotland into virtual panic mode until they've confirmed what the South African already know. Meanwhile we've got to put up with the same old nonsense thanks in no small measure the pillocks who refuse vaccination.

My wife was unwell a couple of weeks ago so she took a flow test which proved negative. I asked her if she'd report the result if it' been positive (as you're "ordered" to) and she said "No bloody way". Let's be honest here, my wife isn't alone and I'd bet my socks the 122,000 new cases reported daily are nowhere near the real number, then add in that thousands of so called covid deaths that have died of other things the whole thing is a hopeless shambles of blundering around in the dark.

4 hours ago, Westward said:

Omicron is different. It's the beginning of the virus mutating towards becoming relatively harmless. The South Africans have been saying for weeks that it's no worse than a bad cold, but our arrogant experts at SAGE and  that scaremongering bunch of random talking heads the news media love won't to wheel out accept that at face value. Therefore they're bullying the governments, especially in Wales and Scotland into virtual panic mode until they've confirmed what the South African already know. Meanwhile we've got to put up with the same old nonsense thanks in no small measure the pillocks who refuse vaccination.

My wife was unwell a couple of weeks ago so she took a flow test which proved negative. I asked her if she'd report the result if it' been positive (as you're "ordered" to) and she said "No bloody way". Let's be honest here, my wife isn't alone and I'd bet my socks the 122,000 new cases reported daily are nowhere near the real number, then add in that thousands of so called covid deaths that have died of other things the whole thing is a hopeless shambles of blundering around in the dark.

All good but doesn't answer my question. 

Omicron is different. It's the beginning of the virus mutating towards becoming relatively harmless

Could be, but it could just as easily mutate into a more deadly version. 

4 hours ago, Westward said:

Omicron is different. It's the beginning of the virus mutating towards becoming relatively harmless. 

According to an expert on the Vine show whilst discussing the most stupid things they have heard regarding the covid virus, this is one of them. I’m not calling you stupid I hasten to add, because I was thinking along the same lines, but according to the expert, it doesn’t mean a thing.

On 26/12/2021 at 18:38, Scully said:

According to an expert on the Vine show whilst discussing the most stupid things they have heard regarding the covid virus, this is one of them. I’m not calling you stupid I hasten to add, because I was thinking along the same lines, but according to the expert, it doesn’t mean a thing.

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone's got one, and no 2 "Covid expert" ever seem to be able to agree on anything, but the majority of the virus experts who've commented seem to think it'll behave like almost every other virus and become progressively less of problem. And lets no forget that, vaccine or not, virtually everyone who became seriously ill or died from Covid was pretty unhealthy to start with. Good health is not a given it has to be maintained by our lifestyle choices and just because someone isn't clinically sick it doesn't mean they're healthy. 

6 minutes ago, Westward said:

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone's got one, and no 2 "Covid expert" ever seem to be able to agree on anything, but the majority of the virus experts who've commented seem to think it'll behave like almost every other virus and become progressively less of problem. And lets no forget that, vaccine or not, virtually everyone who became seriously ill or died from Covid was pretty unhealthy to start with. Good health is not a given it has to be maintained by our lifestyle choices and just because someone isn't clinically sick it doesn't mean they're healthy. 

Fair enough, although he wasn’t the type of expert where inverted commas ( either single or double ) indicate his qualifications were somewhat dubious, but one worthy of the description.
It is his opinion of course, but like he said, it’s totally irrelevant because a weaker variant is no indicator that the next variant will be weaker still. It may or may not be the case. 
I’m still of the opinion that this virus will burn itself out eventually, but that’s just my opinion also. 
Im not sure what relevance the rest of your post has? 

It's relevant in the sense that other corona viruses like flu make some people very ill and, in case anyone's forgotten, many 1000s a year die from it, some people fall fairly ill and others are not very ill at all. The difference has be in the person's general level of health, not the virus.

Just as with flu, Covid 19 is only a dangerous virus to the unhealthy with lowered immune systems, often  due directly or indirectly to poor lifestyle choices. The reason for the all the hysteria over Covid is not it's nastiness as illness it's the way it spreads much more easily than flu - and that's especially true of Omicron.

2 hours ago, Westward said:

It's relevant in the sense that other corona viruses like flu make some people very ill and, in case anyone's forgotten, many 1000s a year die from it, some people fall fairly ill and others are not very ill at all. The difference has be in the person's general level of health, not the virus.

Just as with flu, Covid 19 is only a dangerous virus to the unhealthy with lowered immune systems, often  due directly or indirectly to poor lifestyle choices. The reason for the all the hysteria over Covid is not it's nastiness as illness it's the way it spreads much more easily than flu - and that's especially true of Omicron.

I agree entirely, but the point I’m making is that it’s irrelevant as to whether the comparative weakness of the Omicron variant compared to Delta etc, is a sign of the virus becoming weaker. It isn’t necessarily so. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I agree entirely, but the point I’m making is that it’s irrelevant as to whether the comparative weakness of the Omicron variant compared to Delta etc, is a sign of the virus becoming weaker. It isn’t necessarily so. 

Don’t most of the pandemics end by the virus just mutating into weaker versions, Seem to recall reading that’s how the Spanish flu ended so why should this be any different 

Just now, Mr.T said:

Don’t most of the pandemics end by the virus just mutating into weaker versions, Seem to recall reading that’s how the Spanish flu ended so why should this be any different 

I hope you’re right, seriously. It sounds logical to me, but I have no idea; I’m just telling you what a virologist said on the radio. 

How do you figure that out, people have lowered immune systems for all sorts of reasons nothing to do with their lifestyle choices. 

majority of the virus experts who've commented seem to think it'll behave like almost every other virus and become progressively less of problem.

Do they, where did you get that information from ? Make you mind up you said experts couldn't agree on anything about Covid :hmm:

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone's got one, and no 2 "Covid expert" ever seem to be able to agree on anything.

Most experts agree on lots of things about Covid, where do you get the ( no 2 "Covid expert" ever seem to be able to agree on anything )

Edited by ordnance

On 28/12/2021 at 18:27, ordnance said:

How do you figure that out, people have lowered immune systems for all sorts of reasons nothing to do with their lifestyle choices.  

Which is why I carefully used the word "indirectly".  The following conditions anfd various others or the prescription drugs to treat them (or both) are almost always the result of poor lifestyle choices: Obesity, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high BP, most cases of heart disease and several types of cancer. In other words just about everything that contributes to early death or disability and without any help from Covid. You could also add in lack of exercise and lack of crucial vitamins but that's a much longer story.

As to your other snotty remarks I stand by what I've always said: The scientists such as virologists & immunologists etc mostly agree on what Covid is because they are experts in their field. Where they disagree and contradict each other is when they pop up and opine on their theory on the logistical challenges, their attempts to analyse the statistics whilst  lecturing all and sundry exactly what in their lofty opinion needs to be done and what doom laden scenario will occur if it isn't. In  other words subjects which are absolutely not their areas of expertise. Chief of the junk theory peddlers is the buffoon Prof Ferguson now busily backtracking on 2 years of bonkers claims which have unfailingly proved to be not just inaccurate but wildly so.

On the other topic, those experts around the world that I have read are broadly in agreement that Covid will behave like almost every other known viral outbreak and mutate to a less dangerous form. Viruses have been for a long longer than humans and we're still here and still multiplying. Perhaps a virus will pop up and eliminate the human race one day but Covid does not appear to be a candidate and even the scientists are beginning to start talking sense.

p.s I would appreciate it if you'd stop stalking me.

Happy New year.

Just as with flu, Covid 19 is only a dangerous virus to the unhealthy with lowered immune systems, often  due directly or indirectly to poor lifestyle choices. The reason for the all the hysteria over Covid is not it's nastiness as illness it's the way it spreads much more easily than flu - and that's especially true of Omicron.

That would be millions of people in the UK including the elderly, is getting old a poor lifestyle choice :hmm: And to state its only dangerous to ( Covid 19 is only a dangerous virus to the unhealthy with lowered immune systems, often  due directly or indirectly to poor lifestyle choices ) is nonsense and just wrong. 

Quote Older people and people with many serious medical conditions are the most likely to experience lingering COVID-19 symptoms, but even young, otherwise healthy people can feel unwell for weeks to months after infection. Common signs and symptoms that linger over time include:

• Fatigue
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Cough
  • Joint pain
  • Chest pain
  • Memory, concentration or sleep problems
  • Muscle pain or headache
  • Fast or pounding heartbeat
  • Loss of smell or taste
  • Depression or anxiety
  • Fever
  • Dizziness when you stand
  • Worsened symptoms after physical or mental activities

p.s I would appreciate it if you'd stop stalking me.

You do know how a internet forum works, don't you ? Its not a monologue if you don't like your views challenged by anyone on the forum, you are in the wrong place.  

Quote An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.

Edited by ordnance

On 28/12/2021 at 12:54, Scully said:

a weaker variant is no indicator that the next variant will be weaker still

Actually it is.  Because - evolution, survival of the fittest.  If you kill/disable your host, then you don't spread.  However, if, like the common cold, you hurt almost none of your hosts and kill even less, then you circulate for years, like say, the common cold,

That is viral evolution in  nutshell.

RS

1 minute ago, RockySpears said:

Actually it is.  Because - evolution, survival of the fittest.  If you kill/disable your host, then you don't spread.  However, if, like the common cold, you hurt almost none of your hosts and kill even less, then you circulate for years, like say, the common cold,

That is viral evolution in  nutshell.

RS

Ah well. Like I said, that belief according to the virologist on the radio, is one of the most stupid things he has heard regarding the covid virus. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Ah well. Like I said, that belief according to the virologist on the radio, is one of the most stupid things he has heard regarding the covid virus. 

But what would the virologist know, the internet experts know differently. Hopefully it will mutate into similar to the common cold, but there are no guarantees. 

Quote. 

Many viruses have evolved to become deadlier

claims no virus has ever become more deadly over time, but experts say that's not the case.

"The statement that 'in the history of virology, there has never, ever, been a viral mutation that resulted in a virus that was more lethal' appears to be quite untrue," Timothy Sheahan, virologist and assistant professor for the Gillings School of Global Public Health of the University of North Carolina, told USA TODAY.

Sheahan pointed to several examples such as the Ebola virus, which was discovered in 2016 to have undergone a mutation that not only made it more transmissible but likely more infective. This variant eventually died when the epidemic ended in 2016. The West Nile virus was found in 1999 to have mutated into a highly virulent strain, killing crows on multiple continents. 

The 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, estimated to have killed at least 50 million people worldwide, is another example, said Chua.

Edited by ordnance

On 25/12/2021 at 21:53, ordnance said:

It's not their money it's ours, the Government just does it for us how kind.  The debt is still ours when they leave power so they can spend for their own political gain with absolutely no comebacks.  It's like they have a limitless limit credit card they never have to pay back once they leave.  The amount of money this Government has totally wasted is mind boggling.  Alot of friends and family of this Government have made a huge amount of money.

32 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

It's not their money it's ours, the Government just does it for us how kind.  The debt is still ours when they leave power so they can spend for their own political gain with absolutely no comebacks.  It's like they have a limitless limit credit card they never have to pay back once they leave.  The amount of money this Government has totally wasted is mind boggling.  Alot of friends and family of this Government have made a huge amount of money.

If the public who's money it is think it was waisted, then they can make the government pay come election time. 

4 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Indeed we coud vote in Labour who would do exactly the same, we are politically Bankrupt!

^^^^^^^ This. We need to vote for anything but labour and cons in the vain hope of getting a political reset. In between times ........................