The Six Nations

chrisjpainter

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's not going well, but going as I expected,  England look short of ideas, kicking away possession and getting turned over.

France look fast and slick, organised and dangerous,  hopefully something changes in the second half, but.....

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Well it's not going well, but going as I expected,  England look short of ideas, kicking away possession and getting turned over.

France look fast and slick, organised and dangerous,  hopefully something changes in the second half, but.....

They're just better than us, but I don't think we're helping ourselves - and neither is team selection. Furbank had a bad time of it last 6N and he's having one here. I know they want Steward to run onto high kicks, but we're paying the price at 15. Youngs looks slow and we're getting ourselves unnecessarily isolated with the cross-kicks

48 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

They're just better than us, but I don't think we're helping ourselves - and neither is team selection. Furbank had a bad time of it last 6N and he's having one here. I know they want Steward to run onto high kicks, but we're paying the price at 15. Youngs looks slow and we're getting ourselves unnecessarily isolated with the cross-kicks

Yes on all points,  we haven't looked like scoring through the backs all through the tournament,  Smith might be great, but he didn't do it for me, he doesn't pass when you want him too. This cross kick says to me it's all you've got.

Youngs was off the pace, we looked better in the second half but France were by far the better team.

I thought we'd scored on 70 minutes but great defence kept us out, that would have made the last ten interesting.

Might well be time for a new coach,  that's two 6 nations where we have severely under performed.

31 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Just heard 10 minutes of how good England are,can be and will be...As France were being presented with the trophy.

Edd

And we had to suffer 80 minutes of Butler and co tell us how marvellous Wales were...right before they got beaten in their own back yard by a side that hadn't won a 6N match for 36 games.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Yes on all points,  we haven't looked like scoring through the backs all through the tournament,  Smith might be great, but he didn't do it for me, he doesn't pass when you want him too. This cross kick says to me it's all you've got.

Youngs was off the pace, we looked better in the second half but France were by far the better team.

I thought we'd scored on 70 minutes but great defence kept us out, that would have made the last ten interesting.

Might well be time for a new coach,  that's two 6 nations where we have severely under performed.

I don't think injuries have helped, but neither has Jones' bizarre selection policies. It's fair to say Freddie Steward was the find of the autumn. We need to build teams around these players and find some platform. But partnerships keep getting played around with, so it's no wonder we look disjointed. I know they wanted Steward to be able to get onto attacking kicks as well as defensive kicks, but that can still happen even if he's at 15. We just need to be more prepared to be creative. Let Smith be dynamic, give Randall the freedom to be fast at the breakdown and find settled partnerships at 12 and 13 and the back three. Instead it's in, out shake it all about.

Baffling

13 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

don't think injuries have helped, but neither has Jones' bizarre selection policies

It's not as if he hasn't got loads of players to choose from though,  playing players out of position,  strange tactics which could be great, but only if they work, constantly kicking away the ball.

France played like we did in the world Cup, we looked like all we could do was charge up the middle.

6 hours ago, walshie said:

Not a great 6 nations for England but at least we:

Finished in the top half of the table 

and

Didn't lose to Italy. 

No but you did lose to Scotland which we beat so swings and roundabouts  i got to be fair the pundits on England said it was there best performance myself i thought last weeks was thete best in attack and defence with just 14 players 

19 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

And we had to suffer 80 minutes of Butler and co tell us how marvellous Wales were...right before they got beaten in their own back yard by a side that hadn't won a 6N match for 36 games.

To be honest I don't doubt that but I didn't see it.

I did see the France game though and for 10 minutes after the game all the talk was about England literally as the French were being presented with the trophy.

As for the Wales result, well I've been berating the wru for ages over the whole set up so it's no great surprise to me.

Edd

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

No but you did lose to Scotland which we beat so swings and roundabouts  i got to be fair the pundits on England said it was there best performance myself i thought last weeks was thete best in attack and defence with just 14 players 

👍

Women's Six Nations begins today. It's hard to see past England and their truly professional outfit. I think Wales have some pro players in their ranks too now, so maybe that will improve their stock, although perhaps it's too soon.

Order for the tournament:

England, France, Ireland, Italy, Wales, Scotland...

53 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Women's Six Nations begins today. It's hard to see past England and their truly professional outfit. I think Wales have some pro players in their ranks too now, so maybe that will improve their stock, although perhaps it's too soon.

Order for the tournament:

England, France, Ireland, Italy, Wales, Scotland...

Is it on ordinary telly? Or is it on sky please?