Posters from other countries

Minky

Are there any Posters from other  countries with a different perspective on what's going on at the front in Ukraine.

Edit.  I can't remember any reported conflict that has been so remote from the front lines.  Kate adie  had better come out from retirement.  Company, WILL FIX BAYONETS. 

Edited by Minky

Hello, interesting post, I have seen reports from  foreign TV stations or self employed reporters with their crew but to actually see a UK TV reporter on the very front line ,No, but this is no ordinary war ?? There is fighting on many fronts so I presume not all covered and it's still a dangerous situation for any reporting in Ukraine. Saying this there has been some crass instances by sky TV, and good ones by Jeremy Bowen, and the Irish reporter for the BBC 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Here in Canada we probably get similar reporting to yours. No front line action reports. Only clips of the aftermath of battles. Don’t know why as most wars have some reporters   up front dodging bullets.

We have a large Ukrainian population here in western Canada. They have vivid memories of Russians murdering their parents or grandparents.

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, interesting post, I have seen reports from  foreign TV stations or self employed reporters with their crew but to actually see a UK TV reporter on the very front line ,No, but this is no ordinary war ?? There is fighting on many fronts so I presume not all covered and it's still a dangerous situation for any reporting in Ukraine. Saying this there has been some crass instances by sky TV, and good ones by Jeremy Bowen, and the Irish reporter for the BBC 

al jazeera seems to be reasonably un biased [towards the west]

I think that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that is not being told or shown.  I'm sure that the allies are supporting the Ukrainians in all sorts of ways such as intelligence information about the state of play and where the weaknesses are.  Jeremy Bowen is getting out there and showing some of the nasty stuff.  The General public couldn't put up with graphic pictures of people with their brains and eyeballs blown out. The Russians have stated that they intend to concentrate on the eastern area but is this some sort of rouse or general stupidity.  I'm sure that the Ukrainians will love to get the next columns of armour, trucks and helicopters lined up along a muddy road hemmed in on both sides by fir trees.  Kind of like going back to the winter wars of 1938 in Finland against the Russians.  History repeating itself partially.  Back then the Finns didn't get international support and there was no social media or active news reports.  Russia is like the big playground bully but when they get broken down which must be the plan of the western governments and the USA,  EVERYONE will jump on the bandwagon to grab a lump of the spoils for themselves.

Edited by Minky