It really annoys me

Bigbob

The local elections are on here and everyday the posty drops election guff threw the door and party members walk the streets dumping even more in the letter box .It all goes straight into the recycling bin but these folk can pump out tons of this election guff then claim it BACK ON EXPENSES , But if im applying for jobs all expenses come out my pocket ?. 

First thing i would stop coming out the public purse 

At the last local elections in this area, I heard nothing and did not even know who the candidates were   I contacted the Council to ask and THEY did not know either  ?  They phoned me back an hour later, gave me the name of one Candidate but did not know any of the others  ??? I didn't bother voting.

55 minutes ago, Westley said:

At the last local elections in this area, I heard nothing and did not even know who the candidates were   I contacted the Council to ask and THEY did not know either  ?  They phoned me back an hour later, gave me the name of one Candidate but did not know any of the others  I didn't bother voting.

That's how we are around here  I have not got a clue who is who and never see anyone. 

I presume these comments apply to elections in England. In Scotland candidates get NO expenses. Nothing from the public purse - in fact the amount they're allowed to spend, whether from their own pockets as independents or from party funds, is strictly capped.

And the "guff" that comes through your door is the candidates' attempts to set out their respective stalls by telling you what they hope to achieve if elected.

If you can't be bothered to read it and vote, you've no right to moan about the next administration.

And if you're REALLY bothered you can always stand for election yourself.

A new candidate for local councillor came around a few years ago whilst I was working in the front garden with my boys. She hadn’t realised that her party had been targeting my family for political gain in the run up to the elections including a protest of over a dozen eegits plus councillor on my front drive against just my wife and six week old baby. The protest was disbursed by the leader of the council when he turned up. Anyway, a few weeks later this candidate turned up and must have thought we made a picture perfect family for her ideals. Evidently when knocking on my door harassing me for my vote she had no knowledge of:

a. The discord between small-government national Tory policy and the nimbyistic control of local Conservative party 

b. Any local or national planning policy

c. How angry you make a man by attacking his wife and children 

Needless to say she left 15 mins later in tears and apologising profusely, clearly unfit for office but duly elected by the local eegits because of the rosette she was wearing.