Pheasants

33 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Quoted? 

Do you actually have any? 

Loads more posts daily on the FB asking for birds people been let down. 

One game farm has come back saying they are releasing ex lay but until they give me a delivery date and ask for payment etc. And the poults can be ours at the 6.50 mark, but as you know the shoot is isnt a big one and was never intended to spend big... This year is still not a given.

On 01/07/2022 at 00:06, ShootingEgg said:

One game farm has come back saying they are releasing ex lay but until they give me a delivery date and ask for payment etc. And the poults can be ours at the 6.50 mark, but as you know the shoot is isnt a big one and was never intended to spend big... This year is still not a given.

Making me panic a bit now.  We were promised 800 back at the start of spring at a very good price. Just hope ten years of loyalty counts for something. Time to get on phone and check availability again.

I see a lot local are not bothering this year

6 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Making me panic a bit now.  We were promised 800 back at the start of spring at a very good price. Just hope ten years of loyalty counts for something. Time to get on phone and check availability again.

Nor surprised you’re panicking; sounds late to me! 

14 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

We were apparently promised our 500 at normal price, I’ve been saying for weeks about chasing them up but the lads reckoned the blokes good for his word. 

We usually put them down around this time, they’ve been trying to get hold of the supplier all week and not a word. 

One of the lads even went round his place and all deserted. 

Either he jacked it in and never bothered to tell us, or he sold our birds for a higher price and has gone to ground! 

If you are a game supplier with say 20k birds and the usual price is £4.50 a poult and someone offers you £10 a poult,  that's £110k more, some will be tempted by that and loyalty will go out of the window unfortunately.  We've got 600 promised for our shoot next week, fingers crossed they will turn up, if not I will be available for beating and picking up next season. 

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

We were apparently promised our 500 at normal price, I’ve been saying for weeks about chasing them up but the lads reckoned the blokes good for his word. 

We usually put them down around this time, they’ve been trying to get hold of the supplier all week and not a word. 

One of the lads even went round his place and all deserted. 

Either he jacked it in and never bothered to tell us, or he sold our birds for a higher price and has gone to ground! 

Hope you get it sorted. Hopefully they will still come good for you.

i have had to take on 2 extra guns and raise fees just to cover costs of wheat birds feed etc going up.

We always get ours late end of July early August. Just hope there won't be anymore problems as everything is all up together this year. 

Something bound to go wrong lol

I've been able to source ex lay, have had to pay more than I'd expect but it is atleast the quantity we wanted and means we have a shoot this season, just have to find the food and at a sensible price....

On 05/07/2022 at 12:46, bumpy22 said:

Something bound to go wrong lol

You asked me to beat, I will come and that can be the thing that goes wrong 😅😅