Usyk v Joshua 2 tonight

chrisjpainter

Anyone following? Anyone care?

I really hope Joshua tries to actually do something this time! It was a waste of a fight last time. He's gonna get outboxed, so he may as well come out swinging and try to drop Usyk! His chance is one clean hit, but he can't wait for opportunities, he's gonna have to create his own - and a lot of them

Usyk on points. Unless Joshua catches him clean a few times...

Shocking performance from Joshua. His corner were telling him he had won every round and one judge actually give him the decision. He was embarrassing - stayed out of reach for almost all of the fight. You could see him reaching out instead of getting close. How Joshua thought he deserved a win is beyond me.

That said, Fury would whip Usyk.

7 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Shocking performance from Joshua. His corner were telling him he had won every round and one judge actually give him the decision. He was embarrassing - stayed out of reach for almost all of the fight. You could see him reaching out instead of getting close. How Joshua thought he deserved a win is beyond me.

Why wait until the ninth to unload?! He hurt him then, but it was way to late. He should have been doing that from round one. So many wasted rounds.

And yes. Baffling how one judge gave him the win! Boxing's judges never fail to confuse

8 hours ago, Gordon R said:

A better performance than the first fight if that's saying anything, he simply doesn't have the skills to deal with Usyk. 
Joshua's behaviour after the verdict makes you wonder about his mental health. 
I turned off in the middle of his rant - i felt embarrassed for him.

As Chris has stated - it was round 9 before Joshua grasped what he needed to do from Round 1. He did shake Usyk in that round, but worrying, he looked very shaky when Usyk came back.

I genuinely think he doesn't believe in his own chin. He reminded me of Joe Bugner, who spent many fights posing - shaking his hands as if he was about to attack, but never did. I'm gonna hit you in a minute, I'm gonna hit you soon. Maybe next round.

I actually watched the fight in the pub, great atmosphere,  50/50 split with the backing but everyone cheering when AJ unloaded,  but there was sadly not enough of it.

Usyk didn't look like he was going to ever stop the fight but he had AJ boxing at shadows,  great movement,  brilliant footwork and really schooled Joshua again. 

Couldn’t make out what the rant and storm out was about, but where does AJ go from here? 

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Disappears hopefully, can't stand the racist *****.

I used to suppot him when fighting, but since his racism came to light, I haven't the time of day for him.

Probably an awful lot feel the same, folk I was talking to last night wanted him to win to set up the Fury fight.

On 21/08/2022 at 10:11, Mice! said:

but where does AJ go from here? 

Well we've seen what happens against Usyk and I don't see Joshua beating Fury ether but the fight is probably there for him at some point assuming Fury beats Usyk, there's probably a few million in it for both of them so it would be rude not to.

Other than that he could probably serve as a gatekeeper to a title shot for up and coming heavyweights, essentially the role Povetkin and Parker have occupied over the past few years.  Assuming he managed to keep knocking over all comers he could find himself #1 challenger again at some point.

Other than that he should probably open a pub or something - oh wait isn't he a Muslim? 😇

1 hour ago, serrac said:

Other than that he could probably serve as a gatekeeper to a title shot for up and coming heavyweights, essentially the role Povetkin and Parker have occupied over the past few years.  Assuming he managed to keep knocking over all comers he could find himself #1 challenger again at some point.

I just don't think he wants it enough,  I expected a much more aggressive response given he had already been beaten,  if a fighter doesn't respond to getting beat then what can a coach do?

All about the money,  but imagine an up and coming hungry fighter beats him 😳😳

Read this morning that he is looking to get back into the ring in November to stay active & is looking to fight anyone.  My personal take on that is that he knows he made a right tit of himself & is looking to try salvage something of his career & win back some of the general public. Most of the top 10 heavyweight have fights already signed & lined up so it would be interesting to see who they can find for him if this November fight is to take place.