Kent Super Fast pigeon HV 29 gram no.6

You could well be onto something & i'm aware (a little!) of harmonics in rifles but it's not something i'd expect on a shotgun,i do know a fella who's highly reputed as a ballistics expert so i'll run it by him & see what he says,he'll likely just say what i'm already thinking...bin the cartridges! 😆

Well yeah .but the cartridges are not at fault .they just don't seem to go in your gun and as a rifle shooter im , all too aware of bullet/pellet  compatability  .

Shotguns are simple beasts in comparison  but every now and again  the variables all lean in the same direction  making for a strange phenomenon  ie shooting left . Are you right or left handed by the way ?? 

Edited by Ultrastu

18 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Well I like the hull super fast cartridges just bought a slab of the 32 grm version .I shoot them in my ata venza  and they go well .

I wasn't aware the Superfast Pigeon HV's were available in any load other than 29g 6's?,i know they do a Superfast 7.5 27g clay load.

On 25/09/2022 at 16:45, 51/50 said:

I wasn't aware the Superfast Pigeon HV's were available in any load other than 29g 6's?,i know they do a Superfast 7.5 27g clay load.

They’re not. Hull just do another pigeon branded cartridge that’s 32g which will be what the chap is referring to. 
Personally find Hull cartridges in general really good, hard hitting and smooth…..the high pheasant 23g shells I use in my 28g are mustard! 

Edited by Wilts#Dave

22 minutes ago, Wilts#Dave said:

They’re not. Hull just do another pigeon branded cartridge that’s 32g which will be what the chap is referring to. 
Personally find Hull cartridges in general really good, hard hitting and smooth…..the high pheasant 23g shells I use in my 28g are mustard! 

Er .yeah they do .

I've just bought a slab and have another thread about them on this forum .

Go read it   .its called Hull superfast  and is about 10 posts lower than this one  

Edited by Ultrastu

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Er .yeah they do .

I've just bought a slab and have another thread about them on this forum .

Go read it   .its called Hull superfast  and is about 10 posts lower than this one  

They sell Hull Superfast Pigeon 32g as well as the 29g version?

Not Hull Special pigeon 32g? 

Edited by Wilts#Dave

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, 51/50 said:

I've completely given up with the Hull Superfast Pigeon,first day back on the pigeons using the Stone Deads had me 16 kills for 24 shots,some complete misses & a couple of second shot kills,lesson learnt,try before you buy!

Stone deads aren't readily available tho via gun shops just custom & large orders & done via a delivery run system. Anyone/ any gun shop that stocks hull can access hull superfast pigeons making them more available for the mast pigeon shooter. 

5 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

Stone deads aren't readily available tho via gun shops just custom & large orders & done via a delivery run system. Anyone/ any gun shop that stocks hull can access hull superfast pigeons making them more available for the mast pigeon shooter. 

Yes i know,refer to my post on page one of this thread,for as long as it's possible for me i'm willing to travel & buy my Stone Deads direct from George.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/08/2022 at 18:43, army646 said:

Has any one tried these cartridges and how did you get on with them? I bought some on a recommendation and because they did not have any Gamebore Clears and they were reasonable money wise. It is only the second time I have purchased Hull cartridges and I am not convinced. Took me three boxes to suss them out and get my eye in with them, but still I don’t like them as I seem to be getting a lot more ‘runners’ than I would with Gamebore. I usually average a 4:1 hit to miss ratio on a good day, not so with these.

Anyone else had any experience with them?

Are you shooting decoying pigeons? If the answer is yes, I would suggest you need more practice at the clay ground.  A ratio like that isn't great, and I would certainly not blame the cartridges.

Personally, it has never really mattered to me what cartridges I was using. I never really felt that any particular brand wasn't up to the job.

On 25/09/2022 at 15:12, London Best said:

If you were “allowing” for an alleged 160 FPS in cartridge muzzle velocity there is no wonder you are hitting less with the Hulls.

I take it you were trying to give a little less lead? 
You would be missing behind.

Quite! 160fps is very little in real terms. And yes, those are just manufacturers quoted speeds (very often not ACTUAL speeds).

23 minutes ago, motty said:

Are you shooting decoying pigeons? If the answer is yes, I would suggest you need more practice at the clay ground.  A ratio like that isn't great, and I would certainly not blame the cartridges.

Personally, it has never really mattered to me what cartridges I was using. I never really felt that any particular brand wasn't up to the job.

Quite! 160fps is very little in real terms. And yes, those are just manufacturers quoted speeds (very often not ACTUAL speeds).

80% hit probability not enough? High standards indeed Motty! 😁

Silly fast cart’s don’t give much advantage if any - the pattern just decelerates faster. It’s mainly a marketing advantage rather than a shooting advantage. As LB points out the difference in lead between high velocity and standard velocity loads is a few inches - in other words no practical difference. 

The most important thing - is that these cart’s are never going to give you a really important advantage - CONFIDENCE!! Move on to some other cart’, even if others rate them. They’ll ruin your focus. We all have our ‘confidence cartridge’. Clearly this isn’t yours.