Choke threads

wisdom

It can vary. As already stated, they can vary within the same Manufacturer.  Also to confuse you further, some aftermarket chokes by Teague or Briley are peculiar to a specific gun. Usually after the gun has left the factory with fixed chokes and then been converted to a multi choke.

2 hours ago, Gunman said:

All just a way of extracting money ,Selling you something you dont need . Guns were used to great effect for over a  100years with out multi chokes .You dont need them .

Thank you for confirming that, many of us are not old enough to remember!  :cool1:

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Plus 1 Sir. Well said. What a gimmick.

Until you wish to shoot some extremely distant clays. But that is NEVER going to happen, is it?   :w00t:

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

YOU wouldn't, but that's not to say many shooters would.

I suppose if I could find a box of the glass balls filled with feathers you might be more amenable?

They were apparently invented in the late 1800s!

GroupPromoGLASSTARGET.jpg

But they are now too rare to shoot at. Annie finished ‘em off!

11 minutes ago, London Best said:

What a kind invitation! 
Thank you very much, I accept.

I haven't shot at a grouse for at least 3 years now, maybe 4.  And none for me in Scotland this year either I hear.  As far as I can remember the last one I did shoot at ended up on the table. 

Walked up was the only type of grouse shooting within my budget, and age (in the legs) is making walked up in the future unlikely,  Walked up grouse is a pursuit to enjoy when young and (reasonably) fit.  I would urge anyone who has the opportunity whilst still reasonably young and fit to seize the chance as it is a wonderful form of shooting.

Edited by JohnfromUK

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I haven't shot at a grouse for at least 3 years now, maybe 4.  And none for me in Scotland this year either I hear.  As far as I can remember the last one I did shoot ended up on the table. 

Walked up was the only type of grouse shooting within my budget, and age (in the legs) is making walked up in the future unlikely,  Walked up grouse is a pursuit to enjoy when young and (reasonably) fit.  I would urge anyone who has the opportunity whilst still reasonably young and fit to seize the chance as it is a wonderful form of shooting.

Younger shooters should take notice of John’s post. 
Do it now, you will not regret it.

I was fortunate to shoot driven grouse four times in the 1980’s, and I have shot walked up a few times since. My last grouse was 8 years ago now, when I went to the far North and tried a day over pointers, which was a fabulous experience, but much easier targets. As John above, with ageing legs I don’t expect to be doing it again.