What you never want to see

simcgunner

28 minutes ago, simcgunner said:

This dog is carrying a skunk. Sorry Maybe UK. is skunk free? Lucky you. If you never had the experience of crossing one of these critters consider yourself fortunate.

THANKS for your fast response , Yes at the moment we are Skunk free and hopefully it will stay like it , but with all the animals that keep being let out into the wild it might only be a matter of time before we hear about one that have been sited .

1 hour ago, simcgunner said:

1 Qt fresh peroxide.03% 1/2 cup baking soda 1 tablespoon dawn dish soap, scrub with a brush and rinse rinse. must be made fresh.

skunk.jpg

happened all the time when i was running hounds in florida.....

always have a crate of tomatoe juice handy ....for you and the dog......dont bother with the clothes just burn them

On 27/09/2022 at 20:12, marsh man said:

THANKS for your fast response , Yes at the moment we are Skunk free and hopefully it will stay like it , but with all the animals that keep being let out into the wild it might only be a matter of time before we hear about one that have been sited .

I am nearly sure I read somewhere, that there are some in the Forest of Dean. No joke!

only cpl years ago Pest Control Association was called out by a householder Surrey

to capture what they believed to be a rodent seen in their garden he put humane live trap down 

and was in shock of his life when he come back the nextday

when he saw he'd caught the mammal, which was a skunk

On 03/10/2022 at 20:16, Eddie B said:

I am nearly sure I read somewhere, that there are some in the Forest of Dean. No joke!

Believe it not , several years ago our head keeper went to get one of the large rearing pens ready for when the young game birds arrived , the outside gate was left open all the Winter for the beaters to go in and tap the Bracken out , when he went in on this particular day he had the shock of his life when he came across a full size Iguana , when he got over the shock he didn't really know what to do with it so he contacted a pet shop that kept reptiles , they came after it and gave him a few bob for his trouble , it was more than likely released in the woods when it got to big to keep but I very much doubt it would have survived the Winter if it was a hard one .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...