Shock absorbers

ilovemyheckler

55 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Unlikely, usually a wearable item but check the small print of your extended warranty.

This! Extended warranty will be on the engine & running gear all will have to be serviced by mitsubishi using there genuine parts & oils and stamped from the main dealer to keep in the terms & conditions of the warranty. Rear shockers will go down as general wear & tear items I imagine

1 hour ago, Stephen-H said:

This! Extended warranty will be on the engine & running gear all will have to be serviced by mitsubishi using there genuine parts & oils and stamped from the main dealer to keep in the terms & conditions of the warranty. Rear shockers will go down as general wear & tear items I imagine

Correct in the genuine or equal quality parts are required, dealer and dealer stamp is not required. The garage carrying out the work must be VAT registered though.  EU bloc exemption rules have been in force for years (still in place after brexit etc.). But you may have better sway/good will from a vehicle serviced and parts from the main dealer etc.

I added terrafirma all-terrain shocks on all four corners. Cannot complain, they are c. half the diameter again of the standard shocks and really make a notable difference in the damping.

All Terrain Rear Shock Absorbers for Mitsubishi L200 06-15 Terrafirma TF1403 | eBay  - ignore the postage, but these are the ones I purchased.

I spoke to Mitsubishi warranty and they said that they are covered. By the time I called the garage they told me that their records showed that I have the extended warranty and that they had sent a warranty report to Mitsubishi so nothing to pay!

Before they realised that I had the warranty they sent me a quote for £560.

Must be my lucky day

On 25/11/2022 at 15:59, ilovemyheckler said:

I spoke to Mitsubishi warranty and they said that they are covered. By the time I called the garage they told me that their records showed that I have the extended warranty and that they had sent a warranty report to Mitsubishi so nothing to pay!

Before they realised that I had the warranty they sent me a quote for £560.

Must be my lucky day

👍