Browning Cynergy Black Composite

Andrew1874

Have had a limited go with a couple and thought they handled very very well. They were built as an out and out competition gun but never really took off. Is this the stainless black ice model? 
I have never been a follower of fashion and just buy things on the basis that I like them, so in my opinion If you like it then buy it. After all’s said and done it’s a Browning. The only downside as far as I can see is that they aren’t as desirable or popular as the manufacturers hoped. 

I don't like the looks of the Cynergy, but each to his own. I did shoot one a couple of years ago and was surprised how well it handled, but they are not popular. I saw two where the rubberised finish was peeling off. No idea how you would cure that.

From memory, the top rib tapers down, which means the gun shoots high compared to a flat rib.

A friend points one at clays now and again it does what it should.

the gun in question suffers from cartridges getting the wrong side of the ejectors seems the design on that browning differs from those fitted on all the browning I have / do own (ed) 

think it’s just a wear issue rather than a fault.

Agriv8

Some photos 

ps the cynergy is in my local clay ground coniston!

Atb 

Agriv8

BB776B18-363E-47E9-8ECF-DBAFEAC27F4F.jpeg

47AE4918-11C7-4803-90EA-D6337EBE0CBF.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

A friend points one at clays now and again it does what it should.

the gun in question suffers from cartridges getting the wrong side of the ejectors seems the design on that browning differs from those fitted on all the browning I have / do own (ed) 

think it’s just a wear issue rather than a fault.

Agriv8

Some photos 

ps the cynergy is in my local clay ground coniston!

Atb 

Agriv8

BB776B18-363E-47E9-8ECF-DBAFEAC27F4F.jpeg

47AE4918-11C7-4803-90EA-D6337EBE0CBF.jpeg

I shudder to think what the design, development, commissioning and eventual production costs must have been for this gun, maybe it does possess qualities of construction or manufacture that I am unaware of, but the few guns I bought in the past, although performed faultlessly mechanically, to me they handled terribly, extremely barrel heavy, just felt lifeless, strange really, because in the gun shop they felt superb!!! I couldn’t hit anything with them either!!! 

Mate had one a while ago. He and I enjoyed shooting it and there were never any problems with it. However when he went to trade it in the dealer didn't want to know, and we are talking 3 or 4 years ago. He sold it privately for a good price but the dealer wouldn't touch it.

• 2 weeks later...

When I started shooting back in 2008 and was contemplating buying a 1st gun a Cynergy Black Ice was on the list - it looked so unconventional which, at the time, I rather liked.  My coach, who also co-owned a gun shop, got a demo for me to try with the covering comment "you'll struggle to hit anything with it", he was 100% correct.  I bought an Ultra XS Titanium Prestige instead which was a pretty decent gun.

I've since learned that when worn the Cynergy is difficult to repair so that's one best avoided.   Max respect to Browning for being brave enough to go for a clean sheet of paper design though.

Edited by Cosmicblue