EDF.. ARGGH

ShootingEgg

So our bill came through yesterday, not an issue I thought, DD paid every month and plenty in the pot to cover it 

Read the bill and see they have added 132 (refund) - this is two months of the gov £66.. I then look at the amount I still have in credit and this is where I get annoyed, they've only gone and charged me the £132 so in effect removing the gov's payment.. so I've actually not had the refunds. And getting hold of them is near impossible.

16 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

So our bill came through yesterday, not an issue I thought, DD paid every month and plenty in the pot to cover it 

Read the bill and see they have added 132 (refund) - this is two months of the gov £66.. I then look at the amount I still have in credit and this is where I get annoyed, they've only gone and charged me the £132 so in effect removing the gov's payment.. so I've actually not had the refunds. And getting hold of them is near impossible.

Check you're bank account i think you will find that they have repaid the £66 x 2 into you're account.

In our EDF account under bills and payments it shows the credit of £66 and then a refund to our bank account of same amount.

The credit / refund appears about 5 days after each DD monthly payment.

Our account balance increases with each monthly DD payment as no usage is calculated monthly.

I would not expect this to effect the credit/ debit balance on the energy charge statement/bill , unfortunately as EDF only bill every 6 months we will have to wait and see.

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong and it's just the bum backwards way it's been done as the credit on my account was 6X£*** so the full amount. I guess as they put the 132 direct into the bank they've deducted that from the credit on my account, just reads to me as if I've not actually had any benefit. As the account shows the full 6 months payments.

Edited by ShootingEgg