Lola

30-6

This record by The Kinks is one of my all time favourites, made in the 60's, the lyrics for that day and age are brilliant. At the age I was then I didn't know boys kissed boys.

Bet Ditchie did though.

Google the song with the lyrics and turn the volume up.

16 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Don't be embarrased, I'm still stuck in the 50s when the first Juke Box was fitted in the 'caf' by the bus station in Atherstone.f

Yes, and I bet you used to be a teddy boy, drain pipe trousers, brothel creepers, side burns and slick back hair with ducks a-r-se back and a liberal coating of Brylcreem. :cool1:

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Don't be embarrased, I'm still stuck in the 50s when the first Juke Box was fitted in the 'caf' by the bus station in Atherstone.f

oh arnt we all modern.......i used to remember me an enry the 8th jiving to "greensleeves"....and having an ice cream afterwards

19 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Was obviously tempted but every time I brushed a ducks ###### on the back of my head I received a smart slap so didn't go that way. I do remember coming out of the flics at Tamworth and seeing the Teddies parading down the street swinging bike chains. 

Ah, the "Cems" a centre of culture?

Edited by old man