Fishing charities

grahamch

4 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Are there any charities that teach fishing to folk?

I have a lot of surplus flies and other gear that I would like to go to a good cause. TIA

There are a few and some specific to things like veterans (fishing for heroes, for example) and I think some that do fishing for those with mental health issues.

The other option might be to contact your local club? If they have a juniors section that does coaching with them, they might well appreciate the tackle; I know my club's always on the hunt for stuff for our juniors

I'd totally agree with the above. Our local club used to (I'm not sure if they still do) have a junior open day to encourage youngsters, and their family, into angling. We used to get loads of 'gear' donated for the day, and for the attendees to keep.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

thats a really good place to donate surplus fishing kit............i would imajine, to take up fishing would be top class therapy.....and kit aint cheap.......

good call :good:

I used to do a lot of fishing competition years ago, sea and coarse. There came a point where all the trophies I had amassed had to go. 

I contacted a fishing club and asked if they had a junior section. I donated all my trophies to them, they took the name plates off and renewed as needed.

• 2 weeks later...

SPACE Herts is a charity that runs events for autistic and learning disabled children in my county. They've recently started offering "SPACE for fishing" sessions - they might be interested in your kit?

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/space-introduction-to-fishing-tickets-528152035957

https://spaceherts.org.uk/

admin@spaceherts.org.uk

• 1 month later...