Benelli 828u

Big Dave W

21 hours ago, Scully said:

Nephew had one which he liked very much, but sold it after having to have the top rib re-brazed back onto the barrel. This was about three years ago. 
A good mate of his bought it from him and uses it for all his shooting including decoying, driven game and clays. 

👍🏼 Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

The original 828U had an alloy action and whilst the design was innovative the things are brutal to shoot, recoil is a serious issue even with light loads.   Benelli then introduced the 828U Sport - with a black action made of steel and extended chokes - 30".   I bought one new, have travelled quite some distance to get one with a decent bit of wood - it was a nice gun to shoot but so unreliable.  I really thought the thing had escaped R&D before it was finished, it would fail to strike shell primers - like not even try.  Was returned to GMK three times for warranty repairs - traded it before it could fail for a 4th time.

On 04/03/2023 at 01:13, Cosmicblue said:

The original 828U had an alloy action and whilst the design was innovative the things are brutal to shoot, recoil is a serious issue even with light loads.   Benelli then introduced the 828U Sport - with a black action made of steel and extended chokes - 30".   I bought one new, have travelled quite some distance to get one with a decent bit of wood - it was a nice gun to shoot but so unreliable.  I really thought the thing had escaped R&D before it was finished, it would fail to strike shell primers - like not even try.  Was returned to GMK three times for warranty repairs - traded it before it could fail for a 4th time.

My friend actually had the same problem he traded it in for a browning The dealer told him that a lot of people we’re bringing them back due to recoil issues 

I thought very seriously about buying one because of its fit versatility- then I shot one. That put them right outta my head.

Plasticky rib. Too many moving parts and a little over engineered. Funny top lever that had to be pushed over too far. Plus I didn't shoot it well.