Germany

Houseplant

I keep hearing on the radio (BBC) how Germany as a "pacifist" country since WW2 is having an existential crisis re: supplying weapons to Ukraine. Germany is consistently in the top five countries of the world that exports weapons abroad.  Not so pacifist when it comes to arms exports it seems. A double standard? Opinions?

47 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

I keep hearing on the radio (BBC) how Germany as a "pacifist" country since WW2 is having an existential crisis re: supplying weapons to Ukraine. Germany is consistently in the top five countries of the world that exports weapons abroad.  Not so pacifist when it comes to arms exports it seems. A double standard? Opinions?

Massive difference between selling and DONATING!   :cool1:

1 hour ago, Houseplant said:

Germany is anything but a pacifist nation, they simply control via other means.

After their loss at the end of ww2, they have tried, with some success, to rule Europe through the European Union and the power and influence they have within it. It has allowed them to control other countries through trade and in the process have a monopoly on engineering manufacture, including arms and their sale.