Shot Black Grouse

GREENGRASS

On 24/04/2023 at 20:24, marsh man said:

Brilliant GG , one bird I have never seen in the wild and around these parts I am never lightly to .       :good:

Unfortunatley MM you may not observe them down in sunny Norfolk, however you have owls,hares and bearded tits which are not in my location currently.

GG :ninja:

On 25/04/2023 at 21:32, scolopax said:

Stop it with this ‘shot this ‘ and ‘shot that’ ********.   You have been doing it for years and it wasn't funny then and is not funny now. Does a disservice to your images.

🤣🤣😅 thnaks for viewing. I have to get the patrons viewing some how.

GG :ninja:

On 24/04/2023 at 22:18, Stephen-H said:

I was very very lucky to see a black grouse back in 2017 when out walking in summer at Upper derwent on the way to this amazing view 

Screenshot_20230424_220959_Instagram.jpg

Yes amazing Stephen

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/04/2023 at 20:24, marsh man said:

Brilliant GG , one bird I have never seen in the wild and around these parts I am never lightly to .       :good:

about 40 years ago the Thetford estate (Guiness)....did an experiment about introducing grouse to the breckland ares it had....they prepared the area and introduced more heather species 3 years before the introduction.............

i can find no evidence of what the outcome was..........

On 24/04/2023 at 22:18, Stephen-H said:

I was very very lucky to see a black grouse back in 2017 when out walking in summer at Upper derwent on the way to this amazing view 

Screenshot_20230424_220959_Instagram.jpg

I had my best brown trout (9 1/4lbs)  from the same spot where that boat is, also got a 12 1/2lbs rainbow 30 yards below the cages, 

those two fish got me a Trout Masters  award for the best 25 brown and rainbow of the year .

Edited by derbyduck

15 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

I had my best brown trout (9 1/4lbs)  from the same spot where that boat is, also got a 12 1/2lbs rainbow 30 yards below the cages, 

those two fish got me a Trout Masters  award for the best 25 brown and rainbow of the year .

Derbyduck I've always fancied learning to fly fish & trying ladybower I've seen people catching some nice fishing out of it while I've been around there walking.

A lot seem to fish near the drain hole in the bottom left as you say must be a good spot with a feature for them. 

Derwent offer a have a go day I will one day get around to it I imagine it's a lovely place to fish even if you aren't catching its stunning on a sunny day 

10 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Derbyduck I've always fancied learning to fly fish & trying ladybower I've seen people catching some nice fishing out of it while I've been around there walking.

A lot seem to fish near the drain hole in the bottom left as you say must be a good spot with a feature for them. 

Derwent offer a have a go day I will one day get around to it I imagine it's a lovely place to fish even if you aren't catching its stunning on a sunny day 

yes its worth having a go and if your using their gear and its not for you then you aint lost a load of outlay ! all the best .