Ford Kuga 2.0 tdci 4x4

marsh man

Hi All ..... I am now looking to change my motor and I have seen one of the above advertised , it look in tidy order and it is 2013 and done 92k and m o t till Dec 23.

Anyone got one and what are they like to drive and for those in the know what would be a fair price for the one I might look at ?

THANKS for your help .

Bought one as my “best” car in December and delighted with it being particularly comfortable on long journeys. One reason was that I have seen these perform truly off road and was very impressed. I have used it on light off road and it was fine. Mine is a very low mileage 2017 auto model so in perfect condition. Has loads of sensors as ST line which can be a little irritating. Make sure you have new batteries in the keys. I also now have to do the tyre pressure sensors. I was warned to ensure the gearbox had been properly serviced so insisted on that before purchase.

wont comment on price you can research that online.

I had an 09 plate kuga 2.0 tdci 4x4 titanium spec and loved it, very comfortable, capable off-road. Very reliable, drove it to lake Garda and back fully loaded with no issues at all. Sold it at 145000 miles when I upgraded to a ranger wild track 1.5 years ago and as far as I’m aware it’s still going strong now. 

2 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Bought one as my “best” car in December and delighted with it being particularly comfortable on long journeys. One reason was that I have seen these perform truly off road and was very impressed. I have used it on light off road and it was fine. Mine is a very low mileage 2017 auto model so in perfect condition. Has loads of sensors as ST line which can be a little irritating. Make sure you have new batteries in the keys. I also now have to do the tyre pressure sensors. I was warned to ensure the gearbox had been properly serviced so insisted on that before purchase.

wont comment on price you can research that online.

THANK you and the other members for there help and advice , the car itself is around 100 miles away so I am trying to find out as much information as I can before I decide to buy , the owner did say it was press button starting so don't need keys but never having one how do you lock it ?

8 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

You do have keys, you just don’t have ignition to put them in, transponder in the key sends a signal so that you can press the button to start the car 👍🏻

THANKS for that , when asked if it had one or two keys I was told you don't need keys as it was press button starting , so do you lock and unlock the car the same way ? :hmm:

11 minutes ago, marsh man said:

THANKS for that , when asked if it had one or two keys I was told you don't need keys as it was press button starting , so do you lock and unlock the car the same way ? 

You should have two fobs. Look at youtube re fitting batteries if needed. Easy to do yourself with I think CR2032. Whichever battery it is keep spares in the car as they don’t last forever and if flat you are stuffed! If the fob is anywhere in the car you put your foot on the break in the case of my auto and press the start button.

Use Duracell batteries, others for some reason don’t last as long.

Check the spare wheelwell for water ingress, also check front and rear footwells for damp,they are known to leak in.
Rear footwells have little storage compartments under the carpets and if you lift the rear bench seat there are some more there. 

I had a 2011 titanium awd 

Really nice to drive, reasonably economical on fuel.

Loved mine and would still have it if I didn’t need an automatic 

:shaun:

8D74806C-E25F-4F94-8E75-0DFA4D8C5A8A.jpeg

On 25/04/2023 at 11:00, Dave at kelton said:

You should have two fobs. Look at youtube re fitting batteries if needed. Easy to do yourself with I think CR2032. Whichever battery it is keep spares in the car as they don’t last forever and if flat you are stuffed! If the fob is anywhere in the car you put your foot on the break in the case of my auto and press the start button.

Not always the case, with flat battery. My car has a skeleton key in the fob which lets you into vehicle, once in there is enough juice in transponder to start vehicle.

11 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Not always the case, with flat battery. My car has a skeleton key in the fob which lets you into vehicle, once in there is enough juice in transponder to start vehicle.

Agreed, Kuga has a key in the fob too but recent flat key battery and despite being in the car I was going nowhere. Fortunately at home so had the spare. I now keep spares in the glove box.

12 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Use Duracell batteries, others for some reason don’t last as long.

Check the spare wheelwell for water ingress, also check front and rear footwells for damp,they are known to leak in.
Rear footwells have little storage compartments under the carpets and if you lift the rear bench seat there are some more there. 

I had a 2011 titanium awd 

Really nice to drive, reasonably economical on fuel.

Loved mine and would still have it if I didn’t need an automatic 

They are reasonably economically. Except around town I average 41-43 and have had 47 on a steady motorway run.

Edited by Dave at kelton

5 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

They are reasonably economically. Except around town I average 41-43 and have had 47 on a steady motorway run.

Around town I was getting around 40ish which I don’t think is too bad.

My first XTrail would do around 35-38 around town and I got 40-45 on a run

My second one got around 29 around town and never got more than 35-40 on a run

first one 112bhp

second one 136bhp

4 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Around town I was getting around 40ish which I don’t think is too bad.

My first XTrail would do around 35-38 around town and I got 40-45 on a run

My second one got around 29 around town and never got more than 35-40 on a run

first one 112bhp

second one 136bhp

Around town it’s 31-34

On 27/04/2023 at 08:40, Dave at kelton said:

Agreed, Kuga has a key in the fob too but recent flat key battery and despite being in the car I was going nowhere. Fortunately at home so had the spare. I now keep spares in the glove box.

There is a spot to put the fob if the battery is dead. The car will then work as nomal.

On mine it is in the front drinks holder.