Sako ammo issue

I bought a box of Sako 223 55gr ammo to try yesterday, well upon inspection I have noted that not only are the cases very dirty, some of the bullets are seated lower than others, and even worse, one of them appears to be a completely different bullet than the rest of the box … 

Is Sako QC really that bad? 

14460626-E4B7-4008-96C7-C8AA1BA3A379.jpeg

D22D5459-E5EF-4CBA-8B86-BA9A992B10C2.jpeg

I’d send an email to gmk the importers and/ or Sako in Finland.

Not the retailers fault but maybe he’s swap them for a box of proper ones.

Normally Sako produce very good ammo and used lot before in .222& .243

Sako Ammunition is the worst i've ever used, or not, as the case may be. Bought three boxes in 243. for so unknown reason couldn't shut the bolt, shop had them back tried a different batch at random in the shop exactly the same. Shop return several hundred and i believe have never stocked them since

Why not reload ? I’ve half a dozen Winchester varmint x you’re welcome too next time I’m passing to Somerset . 5 weeks time I think . I used to only use those before I started reloading.

all off the shelf ammo is terrible imho. I measured a load in front of my dad after he questioned  Why I load. I showed him upto 30 thou difference. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2023 at 18:14, Green hornet said:

It looks like someone might of handed in some ammo to be disposed of and the rfd put it up for sale thinking it was sako ammo in the box.They we're probably reloads in a sako box.

Na they were new they checked batch number.

Took them back to Sportsman in Dorset where I had them from, the woman serving couldn't of been more helpful and swapped them for another box I wanted no issues at all. 

Love the shop down there they're really friendly and helpful. Call in when I am working down Dorset for the odd day each month.