.22lr is now obsolete for me

On 13/05/2023 at 07:16, Westley said:

PLUS of course, the graveyards are full of people that have died from lead poisoning   ??

This is just more media BS but we will just roll over and comply until we're only allowed water pistols, *** iam still waiting to see all the thousands of Ducks that have died or dying, that's what started all this insanaty off jmho

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, steve s×s said:

This is just more media BS but we will just roll over and comply until we're only allowed water pistols, *** iam still waiting to see all the thousands of Ducks that have died or dying, that's what started all this insanaty off jmho

Ah, but you missed the bit where they added the dead AND VAPOURISED DUCKS  !   😄

Hi we have 5 million pairs of woodpigeon that’s 10 million birds with a 3 year average lifespan. How many are found dead. 50 million game birds released in a year 25% 12.5 million  disappear before they are old enough to shoot how many are found apart from the ones squashed on the roads, and they are gone in an hour or so, cleaned up by corvids that die in large numbers each year.  How many other birds fall dead each year .If ingested lead isn’t deadly to birds why is anything shot with lead never fed to birds of prey. I’ve asked this before and no one has answered. Maybe the falconers I know are just fussy about what  they feed to their birds. 

1 hour ago, Gas seal said:

Hi we have 5 million pairs of woodpigeon that’s 10 million birds with a 3 year average lifespan. How many are found dead. 50 million game birds released in a year 25% 12.5 million  disappear before they are old enough to shoot how many are found apart from the ones squashed on the roads, and they are gone in an hour or so, cleaned up by corvids that die in large numbers each year.  How many other birds fall dead each year .If ingested lead isn’t deadly to birds why is anything shot with lead never fed to birds of prey. I’ve asked this before and no one has answered. Maybe the falconers I know are just fussy about what  they feed to their birds. 

I have asked the same questions myself, and once attended a meeting where shifty Swfty unconvincingly fielded just these types of questions. 
I have never owned raptors but used to be the ferret man for mates who owned many; none of whom would feed shotgunned quarry to their birds because they stated it would kill them; probably not in minute amounts over long periods of time, but build up was definitely a threat. 
I know for a fact that ingested lead kills ferrets. 

3 hours ago, Gas seal said:

i was surprised to learn that a wood pigeon in scaandiavia was shot with a ring on it....when sent off it was found out the pigeon waas 12 years old !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi l know it’s going of the topic of 22 bullets . The oldest ringed woodpigeon was 17 years 8 months 19 days in 1999. I have shot ringed woodpigeons from 353 days to 1476 days from ringed in the nest. There is a non lead alternative for 22 bullets and pellets on another topic, the name doesn’t sound non toxic but it looks promising. I hope they do well with the new material. 

17 hours ago, Scully said:

I have asked the same questions myself, and once attended a meeting where shifty Swfty unconvincingly fielded just these types of questions. 
I have never owned raptors but used to be the ferret man for mates who owned many; none of whom would feed shotgunned quarry to their birds because they stated it would kill them; probably not in minute amounts over long periods of time, but build up was definitely a threat. 
I know for a fact that ingested lead kills ferrets. 

Scully why BOP don't get fed lead shot food is a BOP has to what we call cast a pellet of undigested waste and a lead pellet cant always be cast so it will stay in the crop of the BOP and can build up over time undigested which will eventually seep into the system of the BOP and kill it.     household up until around the seventies had lead pipes