Better than nothing

yickdaz

Went out this afternoon looking for birds on clover no spring rape or peas grown at all in the areas we shoot so have limited options this time of year, the grass hadn't been cut and was waist heigh 2 spring drilling nearby 3 inch high with a lot of weed growth in it they were going on  that but not in huge numbers and not a great flightline into them but gave it a go anyway very slow going shot 34 in 3 hrs 2.30 till 5.30  picked 30 as the title says  better than nothing 20230603_175935.jpg.be833d292c88458e093220e28aca8a5f.jpg

7 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

Well done Daz, I thought that Lancashire had drifted off into the Irish Sea , breaking all communications??

Well done for going out and reporting it helps to keep us interested.

Haven't had much to report shot next to nothing on rape all winter, spring drilling didn't produce much  a few small days on the crows and  pigeons  they just haven't been around for the last 8 months 

9 hours ago, yickdaz said:

Haven't had much to report shot next to nothing on rape all winter, spring drilling didn't produce much  a few small days on the crows and  pigeons  they just haven't been around for the last 8 months 

I think that was the situation for most of us up and down the country , I said most of us but my fellow county man who is an excellent shot and countryman from North of the country had just reported very big numbers around his neck of the woods and a Rape field he was keeping an eye on had such high numbers on that he found it hard to estimate , he also had just shot another three figure bag , some of our rape did have a few on but in most cases the gas guns only went on now and again , drillings were again poor and our Peas are only now getting a few showing interest .

This last two weeks we are seeing more and more , not big numbers but enough to pass the time away on a warm Summers afternoon . 

Well done on your recent bag , very good in the short time you were shooting :good:

12 hours ago, yickdaz said:

Been the same here, quietest spell since last September I’ve ever known! 
See some on the Facebook group shooting big bags constantly so they’re obviously in certain places…..Lincolnshire seems to have a glut of pigeons! 
Well done on your 34 though, that’s a nice little bag to keep you going for a few hours (I’d settle for that at the moment) 👍🏼

Edited by Wilts#Dave