1st Central

Blackpowder

I have used them a few times over the years including this year. No complaints however I have never made a claim so I do not know how well that process works.

My renewal came in last week at double the price, so as of next week I am no longer with 1st central. 

15 hours ago, 1Ab said:

My renewal came in last week at double the price, so as of next week I am no longer with 1st central. 

This is happening everywhere at the moment - Insurers are quoting the increased cost of repairs for any accidents (or rather the cost of them writing cars off as Cat N for minor damage)

1 minute ago, samboy said:

I was quoted £850 for multi cover with Admiral. Said it was too dear and they knocked £200 off.

Pays to ask or shop around. 

I have tried this a few times but never been lucky enough to yield good results. So I just change insurance company every year. 

The best one that comes to mind when I asked to reduce my renewal because the competition was offering better and the lady on the phone came up with a great idea she said. If I increase my voluntary excess from £100 to £600 it will bring the premium down to a competitive sum. 

She really thought this was a great idea and I kept asking her why would I want to do that.  

in the end I did not renew with them.

• 1 month later...

I find for the best result when your renewal is due log into go compare then phone your insurance company , Then when they give you your renewal price i tell them i am logged into go compare and that price isn't in the first 12/20 can you do better ?.its surprising how much they take off only once did they say no and i moved