Car insurance

Gordon R

• 2 weeks later...

I've been with Aviva for 5 years and this year it was £50 more than last year. I rang them to discuss and said I had a cheaper quote elsewhere but they weren't prepared to do anything so I moved to Admiral.

I have tried NFU in the past but they must be the only company where you can't do it online and when you ring up, they go through everything and then say okay, we should be back in touch in 2 days!!

On 05/08/2023 at 20:19, .357shooter said:

had the same on my little s1 got a quote something like 3 weeks before i got the car for £380 then when i bought the car it had jumped to £480.did a search with no joy.not good when i am over 50 with full no claims and no accidents or speeding tickets.

That was because you done it when you bought it - the most expensive time to do it. With my lads car we actually dayinsured it, brought it back and it had to sit on the drive until his insurance kicked in - saved a good few hundred pounds - bit of a faff though.

Apparently 21-28 days is the ideal time to get insurance before. Sometimes it doesn't work like that if you are trading in or impulse buying.

Having same issue with LV, 30% increase on multi car (2) policy.

Tried several on line searches , but no one seems to treat Hilux as a car like LV so straight away higher price.

Hopefully LV will offer loyalty discount , been with them 40+ years.

Edited by TR1

1 hour ago, TR1 said:

Having same issue with LV, 30% increase on multi car (2) policy.

Tried several on line searches , but no one seems to treat Hilux as a car like LV so straight away higher price.

Hopefully LV will offer loyalty discount , been with them 40+ years.

To be fair a hilux isn’t a car 🤔so why should it be treated as one 

its a private light goods or commercial depending upon how registered 

In general We have them to drive across fields shift logs move fence posts haul pheasant feed haul trailers full of horses or plant not to mention filling up with dogs to go beating shooting or picking up 

l

56 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

To be fair a hilux isn’t a car 🤔so why should it be treated as one 

its a private light goods or commercial depending upon how registered 

In general We have them to drive across fields shift logs move fence posts haul pheasant feed haul trailers full of horses or plant not to mention filling up with dogs to go beating shooting or picking up 

l

Exactly! 
What use is a car to anybody?