Senior citizens dog ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

I'm an old boy now and my lurcher is 14 yr old and starting to get a bit wobbly. Our rabbiting days are over except for my shooting them.

So i'm looking for a little old companion for company. He/she will be taking out every day but i don't want anything too lively .

Any suggestions ?. Don't want a pup maybe up to 3 yr old maximum.

Thanks all.

Rottweiler. They're plodders and seldom run. A well trained Rott will confidently walk alongside you to the ends of the earth and be your protector too.

and don't believe scare stories about them being child killers etc. Bad owners cause the unnecessary deaths of many. 

2 hours ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

I'm an old boy now and my lurcher is 14 yr old and starting to get a bit wobbly. Our rabbiting days are over except for my shooting them.

So i'm looking for a little old companion for company. He/she will be taking out every day but i don't want anything too lively .

Any suggestions ?. Don't want a pup maybe up to 3 yr old maximum.

Thanks all.

All of the charities struggle to rehome lurchers so there’s bound to be some older boys and girls at dogs trust/wood green/Battersea etc

Theres also a few older dogs and dogs with medical conditions looking for homes from Nowzad

D

My pal gets ex working dogs that are being retired by the keeper or beaters etc. They know the game but have no energy left. Often not house trained and need a clean etc but never takes them long to fit in. They then enjoy their creature comforts for the two or three years retirement. Win-win-win for the keeper, my pal and the dog. 

23 minutes ago, samboy said:

I have rang a few rescue centres but when you tell them you are a certain age they don't want to know.

Whilst I hope @WalkedUphas an opportunity for you I’d just say we are both older and took two younger dogs from dog’s trust 

Good Luck 

D