Enjoyed this! 🙂

Scully

He raises a good and valid point. It’s a question we as a nation should be asking all those who claim Net Zero is a necessity. 
We import all our energy needs from countries which haven’t signed up to net zero ( and openly state they have no intention of doing so ) for what? 
It’s fine and dandy ( is it? ) while we’re all pally, but what happens when the wheels come off and Russia decides to turn off supplies or China and the USA decide to have a hissy fit with each other? 🤷‍♂️

It also exposes these numpties for what they really are and what their agenda really is; they’re nothing more than an updated CND brigade. 

I think I can answer the question for her; If WE (the UK) reduced to net zero - the GLOBAL difference would be immeasurably small on climate, but we would be economically devastated by the cost.

The question to which I think no one knows the answer is what would the effect be of THE WHOLE WORLD going net zero suddenly?  A (relatively) sudden change like that could have very unpredictable consequences.

The facts remain:

1. We have a fixed size globe
  2. We have increasing population demanding higher living standards, better 'quality of life'.
  3. This is causing big pressures on the environment - burning more carbon and cutting down/reducing vegetation which is needed to keep the balance

Over population is the real problem.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

effect be of THE WHOLE WORLD going net zero

The IPCC themselves have said that if we go Net Zero by 2050 it will be 200-1000 years before (according to their excel spreadsheets aka models) before a difference is seen. Give me £100 and in 1000 years you will get back £20...

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Over population is the real problem.

They have a plan for that as well....

I don't know if any of you watched Incorporated - it was on Sky - got really good reviews and the viewers like it etc... but was dropped after just one series.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4118466/reviews