HW97K head shooting rats in day light.

wooow that was different............i have a very old HW77...which i rebuilt on a thread on here a few years ago....i use a converted aperture sight (parker hale..1953..TZ (twin zero)mod/year) which i fitted to the 77....

its not the carbine like yours................it fires hard ..but by christ it is heavy....you need a bloody wheelbarrow to cart it around..think it was a german import modified for target shooting....as i said i did an extensive thread on the rebuild and adapting the diopter sight to it and removing the gunsmith moderator and replacing the fore catch for a later type...........still got it...if anyone is interested i will put a pic of it

nice to see your 97 is doing the buisness....great little film:good:

Edited by ditchman

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

wooow that was different............i have a very old HW77...which i rebuilt on a thread on here a few years ago....i use a converted aperture sight (parker hale..1953..TZ (twin zero)mod/year) which i fitted to the 77....

its not the carbine like yours................it fires hard ..but by christ it is heavy....you need a bloody wheelbarrow to cart it around..think it was a german import modified for target shooting....as i said i did an extensive thread on the rebuild and adapting the diopter sight to it and removing the gunsmith moderator and replacing the fore catch for a later type...........still got it...if anyone is interested i will put a pic of it

nice to see your 97 is doing the buisness....great little film:good:

Thanks Ditch to be fair i really enjoyed using that old springer just made a change from using a centrefire rifle sat there on my bucket with my best friend lol 

When we used to shoot the rabbits at work i would always put a springer in the car as a back up in case there where any problems with the air arms and used to shoot a couple of rabbits with it each outing but after using the air arms at night you really noticed the difference in  the noise lol 

My son couldn't make it one night so i took a mate and his springer next day he couldn't move his arm he had to pump the gun that much LOL 

Hi ya SIMON👏👏👏👍🙋, that's good shootan with a Springer mate , has it had the internals done or is just as it came out of the box , I had a shot with the hw 98 the other day down the club and was I impressed, cracking gun for a break barrel, good video as normal and good to see ya mate with you 👍

3 hours ago, Morkin said:

Hi ya SIMON👏👏👏👍🙋, that's good shootan with a Springer mate , has it had the internals done or is just as it came out of the box , I had a shot with the hw 98 the other day down the club and was I impressed, cracking gun for a break barrel, good video as normal and good to see ya mate with you 👍

Thanks Morkin, its straight out the box pal but 20 plus years ago lol, in fact i am getting a tunning kit for it tomorrow so hope fully it should be even better 

6 hours ago, simon6ppc said:

Thanks Morkin, its straight out the box pal but 20 plus years ago lol, in fact i am getting a tunning kit for it tomorrow so hope fully it should be even better 

great feedback......you will have to do a breakdown report on it after it is tuned.....

always something different :good:

• 2 weeks later...