eley ESP steel 3"

Interesting, I patterned one of these on Monday in no1 shot 36 gram against the plastic wad eley lightning same load.  Not exactly scientific but at forty yards through an old Zabala SxS mag (I know I shouldn’t😊) full choke the ESP bio wad patterned slightly tighter, 95 hits in a 30 inch circle.   Thought the plastic wad lightning would have been the tightest but in this one cartridge of each test it wasn’t

On 29/08/2023 at 20:56, flippermaj said:

Interesting, I patterned one of these on Monday in no1 shot 36 gram against the plastic wad eley lightning same load.  Not exactly scientific but at forty yards through an old Zabala SxS mag (I know I shouldn’t😊) full choke the ESP bio wad patterned slightly tighter, 95 hits in a 30 inch circle.   Thought the plastic wad lightning would have been the tightest but in this one cartridge of each test it wasn’t

What happened to the "not more than 1/2 choke" etc as printed on the box.  Your Zabala may disintegrate next time you use it !!

"For HP Steel cartridges, ensure the gun is suitable for HP Steel and is stamped with a Fleur de Lys symbol.
Proof House guidance suggests a maximum of half choke is used for all steel cartridges" says Eley !!

1 hour ago, stockybasher said:

Your Zabala may disintegrate next time you use it !!

But as long as Flippermaj knows what he's looking at, has the gun a reasonably good condition and is prepared to walk away from it at the slightest sign of deterioration/ barrel bulging etc.. then it probably won't disintegrate into a million shards of metal and wood injuring and possibly killing Flippermaj in the process. It's not something I would be willing to do or advise others to do but more power to Flippermaj should he choose to do so. 

Besides, he could always pack a first aid kit into the wheelbarrow he carries his huge balls around with. Shooting a 3" magnum steel cartridge through an old, full choked (and possibly not 3" chambered?) SxS is very risky and takes a brave/foolish person to do more than once. 

1 hour ago, Poor Shot said:

But as long as Flippermaj knows what he's looking at, has the gun a reasonably good condition and is prepared to walk away from it at the slightest sign of deterioration/ barrel bulging etc.. then it probably won't disintegrate into a million shards of metal and wood injuring and possibly killing Flippermaj in the process. It's not something I would be willing to do or advise others to do but more power to Flippermaj should he choose to do so. 

Besides, he could always pack a first aid kit into the wheelbarrow he carries his huge balls around with. Shooting a 3" magnum steel cartridge through an old, full choked (and possibly not 3" chambered?) SxS is very risky and takes a brave/foolish person to do more than once. 

Why do people feel the need to slag off and critisise a post that someone makes. I have a Zabala side by side magnum and it takes 3" steel cartridges  Zabala also  do a 3.5" side by side and that will take anything you are brave enough put through it.

Fippermaj's gun will take the Eley steel cartridges no problem, the only potential problem he might have is if he puts BB or larger shot through it ( but they dont do a BB) so that rules that out.

Just because a gun is not "steel proofed" does not mean  you cant fire steel through it, there are shooters in Demark that use steel (carefully) in damascus barreled guns i wouls love to see the comments if that was posted on here.